By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 16 (2008) Mario Kart always ???

Only a 22% drop for MK, fantastic!

So we're probably looking at close to 400k sales if similar dropoffs occured in the other countries. MK should have a good chance passing GT5P this week.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=543&s=1111

Nintendo manage to avoid any banana skins with ‘Mario Kart Wii’ sitting pretty at the top of the All Formats Chart, only dropping 22% in sales in its second week.

The All Formats Top 5 consists of games by 4 different Japanese publishers (Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Konami) and with the exception of ‘Gran Turismo 5: Prologue’, down one place to No3, they are all selling the strongest on Nintendo Wii. Nintendo’s format is due to get a further boost next week with the release of ‘Wii Fit’, but in the meantime it is EA who have the highest new entries thanks to the multi-format ‘UEFA Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland’ debuting at No8 and ‘The Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff’ on PC at No20.

There are six games in the All Formats Top 30 that feature either Mario or Sonic and the duo’s Olympic Games title is still performing well, swapping places with GT5, up from No3 to No2. Konami’s ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2008’ holds on to No4 for a 4th consecutive week despite pressure from retailer-promoted ‘Sega Superstars Tennis’ which rises 6 places up the rankings to No5. Retailer Wii hardware bundles help boost ‘Rayman Raving Rabbids 2’ back up the chart, this week’s highest climber up from No32 to No22.

The only other Top 40 new entry is the first gun-game for PS3, Sony/Namco’s ‘Time Crisis 4’, shooting its way in at No24.

Around the Network

Kart Domination :)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Wii games really have inverted legs: 'Sega Super Star Tennis' going from 12th to 4th place, 7 games in the top 10. Quite impressive.

And 'Imagine: Babies' still outperforming every expectations: Ubisoft must be the first surprised.
It has to be noted that this particular game is 'largely' outselling every other titles from the Imagine franchise, showing that there was a huge demand for the 'baby caring' genre. (or that 'Cooking Mama' has managed to stole the thunder from the cooking genre).

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is doing pretty well too.

MKWii Sold 160-170k in the UK ALONE this week. Expect MK Wii to be around 400k this week in others.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

wow, 7 of the top 10 on Wii... with five of those seven being from 3rd party developers =))

All of this before brawl and wii Fit releases =)))

Nintendomination in Ninteuroland =))

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
lombard2578 said:
Ireland added:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/ire/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=210015

PS3 HW number from Sony Ireland:

There are now over 340,000 high-definition-(HD) ready flat screen TV sets in Ireland, according to Sony Ireland general manager, Sushil Teji, which he said makes the country a potentially lucrative market for the company’s Blu-ray technologies. Speaking at the launch of Sony’s latest Blu-ray devices in Dublin yesterday, Teji said that in addition to early adopters of Blu-ray players, over 110,000 Sony PlayStation 3 games consoles have been sold in Ireland to date which come with Blu-ray capabilities

Link

But Microsoft Ireland won't reveal their sales:

When asked how many Xbox 360 devices have been sold in Ireland to date, a spokesman for Microsoft in Ireland told siliconrepublic.com that Microsoft as a rule does not break out actual sales figures for each country.

Link

I've seen MS give out 360 numbers for lots of different countries, so I don't know why they say that. 

MK goes platinum. Probably somewhere around 350k in UK now.

PES08 went up in the charts. Clearly, 3rd party games don't sell on the Wii.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

BKK2 said:
MK goes platinum. Probably somewhere around 350k in UK now.

Yea I would say 350-370k already in UK....

190-210k last week, 20% drop this week to 160-170k. So 350-380 going by what I just said. I will make 500k in 2 weeks I bet(or in 1 month on the Market).

double post