By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii FPS guns for 360-level graphics - The Conduit

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187260

Wii FPS guns for 360-level graphics

High Voltage promises 'The Conduit' will look great

High Voltage Software has unveiled a brand new first-person shooter for Wii called The Conduit and is aiming to make the best looking game on Wii.

"Most of the games on the Wii look like crap. We want to change that, so we've invested heavily in our Wii tech over the past year," said CEO Kerry Ganofsky in an interview with IGN.

The upcoming Wii game The Conduit takes place in the present day, where Washington finds itself at the centre of an extraterrestrial attack. Taking on the role of Agent Ford, players must get to the heart of the invasion whilst fighting aliens off in standard shooter fashion.

High Voltage Software's previous work, including 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, isn't known for ground-breaking graphics. Nevertheless, Ganofsky hopes that The Conduit will both change that perception and show more traditional games can be successful on Wii.

"There is this pervasive and cyclical argument that Wii consumers don't want mature titles, when there aren't those types of products available to them," said Ganofsky. "And even more frustrating is the claim that Wii consumers only care about great gameplay.

"Of course they care about gameplay, but we believe if given the choice, they would want great graphics as well. It's just a cop out. With Conduit, we are trying to make a Wii game that looks like a 360 title."

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187260

Wii FPS guns for 360-level graphics

High Voltage promises 'The Conduit' will look great

High Voltage Software has unveiled a brand new first-person shooter for Wii called The Conduit and is aiming to make the best looking game on Wii.

"Most of the games on the Wii look like crap. We want to change that, so we've invested heavily in our Wii tech over the past year," said CEO Kerry Ganofsky in an interview with IGN.

The upcoming Wii game The Conduit takes place in the present day, where Washington finds itself at the centre of an extraterrestrial attack. Taking on the role of Agent Ford, players must get to the heart of the invasion whilst fighting aliens off in standard shooter fashion.

High Voltage Software's previous work, including 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, isn't known for ground-breaking graphics. Nevertheless, Ganofsky hopes that The Conduit will both change that perception and show more traditional games can be successful on Wii.

"There is this pervasive and cyclical argument that Wii consumers don't want mature titles, when there aren't those types of products available to them," said Ganofsky. "And even more frustrating is the claim that Wii consumers only care about great gameplay.

"Of course they care about gameplay, but we believe if given the choice, they would want great graphics as well. It's just a cop out. With Conduit, we are trying to make a Wii game that looks like a 360 title."

http://bushspeaks.com/img/liar.jpg" width="130" height="122">

How is it BS that they are trying?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

good luck for them

From the maker of GREAT AAA titles such as 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

Can't wait

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

^Haha, have you ever played leaisure suite Larry: magna cum laude? the games crap, but so crap it's good. It's odd. I have to admit this story does seem somewhat unbelievable, but I dunno, if they say they can do it good luck to them.

{sigh}

we have these devs, then devs like Kojima "disappointed" over grfx in MGS4..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

This company's got a tech demo floating about on the internet with a game engine they're trying to push (should be on the Kotaku page). For the Wii it looks pretty decent, though it's nowhere near as good as anything the HD consoles can crunch out. However, seeing that these guys made 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, I can't see how this Conduit game could be any good. :/

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

The tech demo is on IGN and it actually looks really good. I would like to see the game itself though.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I love how there are 0 pictures of said game up...

I really enjoy my Wii, but if I wanted a game that looked like a 360 game, I'd just buy it for my 360...:-o (not everybody has a 360, i know, i know but...) That tech demo did look alright, even if it was a very low res video.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"