By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many units will the PS5 sell in 2020?

How many will PS5 sell in 2020

1-3 million 6 14.29%

3-4 million 4 9.52%

4-5 million 8 19.05%

5-6 million 14 33.33%

Over 6 million 10 23.81%

Total:42

So as we all surely remember the PS4 sold 4.2 million units from launch until 31st December 2013. I'll link it here for source.

Okay so at this point it seems likely that the PS5 could do more but time will tell when it comes to how much they can stock. So what's the predictions guys?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

9 millions

Edit:  if they really produce 14 millions till end of March and they started in August, it give a little less than 2 millions per months of production.

I will make a youtube video soon where i talk about my PS5 prediction for the FY, so i won't make spoiler :)
(it's different than my current bio, that was made at the start of 2020)

A better question would be how much stock will sony have for the PS5 in 2020.

If 10M units is available to retailers, they will sell 10M units.

But for 2020, I'll say 6M.

Can't see them stocking more than that. And that around 50% more stock than they managed with the PS4. And remember the PS4 didn't even release in parts of asia till like February 2014. PS5 however is launching everywhere in a 1 week period.

Having Japan included in the initial release this time pretty much guarantees that it'll outdo the PS4 in 2013. I'd expect it to be around 5 mil.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

4 million and...

John3290 said:
Since my emails were ignored. Here I am, John2290, sick of these weak reasoned and lengthy moderations for saying the wrong thing and a mod team that is doing everything it can to kill this site quicker. So now that I've actually broken a rule instead of mildly hurting someones feelings without even interacting with them, I request my Permban on John2290 and of course this account will be banned. Please and thank you and good luck keeping this site alive while you alienate people with silly moderation.

The PS5 will sell out, however many they can deliver is how many will be sold!

steve

6 million is my guess, not sure if they can produce more in less than 2 months.

6.01 million would be my guess.

Worldwide launch compared to ps4, so im gonna guess 5.5 million