By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series Pre-order - Did you get one?

Did you get an Xbox Series Pre-order?

I got an Xbox Series X Pre-order 20 52.63%

I got an Xbox Series S Pre-order 2 5.26%

I tried but did not get a Pre-order 4 10.53%

Just checking result 12 31.58%

Total:38

Scalpers suck.

No, not yet. Not gonna get one until there's something I feel like I have to play. When I do get one, it'll be because of that $25 a month payment plan/Game Pass thingy.

Around the Network

Got X with minor technical issues on retailer side. But there is no need to hurry actually I guess. Even PS5 is still in stock where I live, so it doesn’t seem like the US/UK situation with consoles selling out minutes after pre-orders open is the case here.

I got a Series X outright and almost bought an S on all-access for the gf. Got it at 8:02AM, they ran out after like 5 minutes on Microsoft store UK.

Sadly the rep said that they would tie the game pass to my account if i'm the one buying the all-access policy so that kind of ruins the value proposition if you're buying a console as a gift and already have your own game pass account. Unless you want like three years of game pass on your account lol and want the recipient to buy their own gamepass.

Edit: Series S is still available in the UK store if anyone cares 'cos they restocked it. I assume this will be happening a lot

I got a Series X preordered. I was unable to secure the Series S for my son but after some thinking I think I'll get him his own series x through the all access option

I tried, but no avail. I stood in that Gamestop line for almost 2 hours just for them to tell me that they only have 8 consoles. I was #16 in line. It's all good. I'll get it eventually.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
Baddman said:
I got a Series X preordered. I was unable to secure the Series S for my son but after some thinking I think I'll get him his own series x through the all access option

The trouble is that the game pass will add to your account that signs up to the policy if you go all access. So your kid will be gamepass-less and you'll be sitting on like three years of ultimate. Let me know if you find a way around it because I want to do the same thing

This was my first time buying a console at launch. I had several tabs up with one being the MS store, Amazon, Target, and Best Buy. Amazon and Best Buy were having issues with not showing the pre-order. Ended up getting mine from the MS store and was only a 10 minute process. Really not that bad.

AkimboCurly said:
Baddman said:

The trouble is that the game pass will add to your account that signs up to the policy if you go all access. So your kid will be gamepass-less and you'll be sitting on like three years of ultimate. Let me know if you find a way around it because I want to do the same thing

Huh? Surely both of them can use the ultimate. Just set the kid's console as Baddman's home console. 

AkimboCurly said:
Baddman said:

You can set your son's machine as your home Xbox, but turn off auto sign in. He will have access to all your gamepass/live privliges on his machine. Then you can turn on auto sign in on your own machine for your account, but don't set your machine as the home consol. You should be good to go then on both machines with one gamepass subscription. 

Has said:
AkimboCurly said:

You can set your son's machine as your home Xbox, but turn off auto sign in. He will have access to all your gamepass/live privliges on his machine. Then you can turn on auto sign in on your own machine for your account, but don't set your machine as the home consol. You should be good to go then on both machines with one gamepass subscription. 

yes I was about to say we already share my game-pass subscription on his one s and my fat Xbox.Technically I pay for or game-pass sub through  his mothers Microsoft account which is what he uses for his Xbox.