By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
hinch said:

But honestly this is wtf news lol. I thought exclusives were anti consumer..

MS *go and buys out a huge publisher* Riight.

Just like every point in a discussion, it's only good if it helps your side. 

Hell, even I catch myself doubletaking on my own statements when I realize hypocrisy or percieved bias. If Sony bought Bethesda, I'd be cheering. Because I buy Sony products regularly. I've TRIED the Microsoft steak for years and never liked it, so now they have this gross steak that makes up their usual output but the best goddamn champagne this side of the Greenwich line. I still don't wanna go to the microsoft steakhouse to get the wine, but I'd happily go to my local Sony eatery if they got the same wine. 

It's an allegory. I'm treating Sony and Microsoft as their own unique restaurants here. It's a thing I do. Don't look too deeply into it.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
HollyGamer said:

Maybe i am wrong, but Naughty Dog was not that big when they were purchase. Correct me if i am wrong . Also Is not even fair to compared to buying Bethesda 

yes yes you are

Elaborate please, i am in bad mood 

Immersiveunreality said:
Farsala said:
That's $7.5B to increase their game studios from 15 to 23. Will there be a response?

I expect Sony to buy some more studios themselves, but it wont compare to what Microsoft did with this.

I'm thinking Sony would have a hard time buying new studio as of now. With Microsoft visible willingness to go all in, Studio who's approached by Sony would likely seek whether or not Microsoft is willing to put out more. 

HollyGamer said:
kirby007 said:

yes yes you are

you cant call them small if they had a game sell 6+ million before being aquired

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Impressive! Putting Minecraft aside, Yesterday the biggest IP from Microsoft was Halo ... now Halo is not even top 3. Elder scroll, Fallout and Doom are huge!! I hope they continue to be released on the playstation.

I can't imagine Sony able to match this, Elder Scroll, Fallout, Doom! If these games become exclusive ...Imho, this is a move that could win a generation.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

They're also big enough that they don't really worry about people being upset with them because they have enough money to force through unpopular decisions.    

Ha, yeah, console gamers are all now paying for it, literally. 

Hmm, pie.

kirby007 said:
HollyGamer said:

you can't call them small if they had a game sell 6+ million before being acquired

Which one Naughty DOg ?? 

Bandorr said:
RolStoppable said:

Yup, it's time to relax. Colin Moriarty made a prediction and he has a great track record.

So to sum it up:

1. Microsoft acquires Bethesda.

2. All currently ongoing contracts will be honored, namely Sony's moneyhats for timed exclusive PS5 games.

3. Future Bethesda games will release on Xbox, PC and Game Pass day 1. Other consoles will get games on a case by case basis.

4. As of right now, there's no good reason to believe that Microsoft will lock out PlayStation entirely. Contrary to popular belief, Microsoft is actually more consumer-friendly than Sony when it comes to gaming. Sony lives off an undeserved good guy image.

5. Microsoft will not perform any quality assurance for Bethesda games, so Bethesda's beloved bug-ridden IPs will still be as wonky as ever.

6. Microsoft makes use of the generational reset to improve their image. This is a huge acquisition, so whoever still has doubts that Microsoft isn't serious about gaming needs a good amount of time for self-evaluation and self-reflection.

7. The collector's edition of the two Ori games on Switch remains a giant rip-off.

So in the end I am sorry that I have to say that this isn't good enough of Microsoft to win me as a customer. At least not today.

Saying Sony "moneyhatted" the games when Microsoft literally bought the studio seems a little off. That rest seems fine.

????you saying Sony doesn't have exclusivity for a limited amount of time

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bandorr said:

Saying Sony "moneyhatted" the games when Microsoft literally bought the studio seems a little off. That rest seems fine.

I find it funny...Microsoft 'moneyhatted' games all the damn time with the 360 and people praised it and Sony fans hated it. Then Sony Moneyhatted games once the Ps4 dominated and up to the PS5's reveal and Microsoft folks are crying about it and Sony folks are praising it. 

I wish people would just admit it: This is a fight to a lot of people and you're gonna sing when you're winning. Just be honest with yourself and we can have a frank and fair discussion about stuff without all the fake-nonbiased bull. People have favourites. I have favourites. I like Sony and I like Nintendo. Sales2099 likes Xbox. That's okay. Everyone should just admit outright that when their 'team' gets a goal, they want to cheer. Microsoft scored a HELL of a goal and I hate it, because I don't like Xbox. If Sony did the same damn thing I'd be cheering. 

So many people on this forum go to such great lengths to pretend to be nonbiased, but none of us are. If I can go into a conversation accepting I'm a sony gal and other people are Nintendo folks and some people are microsoft goons, then we can have a friendly rivalry. IT's still a rivalry, but without any of the fake insincerity going around, nobody has to pretend they're not biased. Spending so much effort to dance around our true intentions make these conversations an absolute mess. 

I want everyone to admit it: IF your console scores a goal, you cheer. This isn't about nonpartisan conduct or sportsmanship, it's very much so a matter of cheering for teams. Everyone on this forum and the internet as a whole will be better off if we accept that. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bandorr said:
Runa216 said:

I find it funny...Microsoft 'moneyhatted' games all the damn time with the 360 and people praised it and Sony fans hated it. Then Sony Moneyhatted games once the Ps4 dominated and up to the PS5's reveal and Microsoft folks are crying about it and Sony folks are praising it. 

I wish people would just admit it: This is a fight to a lot of people and you're gonna sing when you're winning. Just be honest with yourself and we can have a frank and fair discussion about stuff without all the fake-nonbiased bull. People have favourites. I have favourites. I like Sony and I like Nintendo. Sales2099 likes Xbox. That's okay. Everyone should just admit outright that when their 'team' gets a goal, they want to cheer. Microsoft scored a HELL of a goal and I hate it, because I don't like Xbox. If Sony did the same damn thing I'd be cheering. 

So many people on this forum go to such great lengths to pretend to be nonbiased, but none of us are. If I can go into a conversation accepting I'm a sony gal and other people are Nintendo folks and some people are microsoft goons, then we can have a friendly rivalry. IT's still a rivalry, but without any of the fake insincerity going around, nobody has to pretend they're not biased. Spending so much effort to dance around our true intentions make these conversations an absolute mess. 

I want everyone to admit it: IF your console scores a goal, you cheer. This isn't about nonpartisan conduct or sportsmanship, it's very much so a matter of cheering for teams. Everyone on this forum and the internet as a whole will be better off if we accept that. 

I'm more just curious how Sony moneyhatted anything. Microsoft has far more money. Hell they just proved that. How could Sony "outspend" Sony to get two temporary exclusives against the company that just dropped 8 billion to buy the entire damn company.

You don't think getting stuff like Final Fantasy XVI and DeathLoop and various other third-party exclusives temporarily PS exclusive is moneyhatting? It totally is, and that's a win for Sony. Just like it was a win when Microsoft kept getting Exclusive Skyrim content first and Call of Duty online shit first. IT's a legitimate strategy! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX