By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

https://mobile.twitter.com/notaxation/status/1308063886617255937 if this is true then what is the point of acquiring them.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
hunter_alien said:

No, I am really sorry. Buying a developer after your competitor buys up seven, is nowhere near the same caliber as buying 7 studios and then a major publisher. Any double standards that were present at the Insomniac acquisition pale in comparison to this abomination of a deal.

Anyone who pretends this is in any way shape or form a positive step does not see the icy slope in front of us. They literally bought 14 studios instead of building up new ones, or actually invest in fledging low-level devs. Microsoft clearly shows their intent to pretty much buy themselves into an industry without any creative or visionary input, and kill off any competition if possible. But hey, if you are fine with that then more power to you

They way you talk about MS is how people talked in the 90's about Sony.

Sony buys time exclusivity for MKIII, for Tomb Raider...Buys Psygnosis...Buys sigil entertainment (syphon filter) buys Naughty Dog and so on ...

We'll Sony never buy publisher tho, also all companies that sony purchase are small company that has not made their names. 

Ka-pi96 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
That GamePass shit is making me worried about Fallout mods on PC. I have no idea how mods work, if they even work, with GamePass PC games. I hope Fallout releases on Steam.

Gears 5/Tactics did. Halo MCC did and Infinite is already listed on Steam waiting to be released. AOE 1-3 definite editions are all on Steam. So are Sea of Thieves, Grounded and MS Flight Simulator.

I think literally every MS release for the past year or 2 has been on Steam. Why would Fallout be any different?

I want this to be true and I want you to be right. But I will always fear GamePass could become big enough for Micro to think they don't need to release anywhere else. This is what I do about pretty much everything, I look at the worst case scenario so that I prepare myself mentally for the huge loss. lol

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Barkley said:

Future Bethesda games will be on Xbox, PC, and "other consoles on a case by case basis."

So yeah, big hitters like Fallout/Elderscrolls will be still on PlayStation. Xbox will get the odd exclusive no doubt, and perhaps other benefits.

Well, you have to cross your fingers and just hope that Microsoft is nice enough to release their games on Playstation.
We have no idea which games they are talking about. Maybe some MMORPGs to get more players with cross play, maybe smaller games, maybe just a few bigger games, maybe, maybe, maybe.

But if you can get The Elder Scrolls day one on GamePass or 6 months later on PlayStation for 80€... well, let's face it: This sucks for every Playstation owner. Period.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I Have a mixed feeling about this acquisition, But it's awesome for gamepass and I certainly love to see Microsoft going all in for next gen.
The playing field with Sony seems to have leveled out greatly.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/notaxation/status/1308063886617255937 if this is true then what is the point of acquiring them.

Gamepass I am assuming.

People can either buy a Playstation 5 and pay $70 per game or buy a Series X and pay $10 a month for a continuous stream of games + all the MS games day 1.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

HollyGamer said:
konnichiwa said:

They way you talk about MS is how people talked in the 90's about Sony.

Sony buys time exclusivity for MKIII, for Tomb Raider...Buys Psygnosis...Buys sigil entertainment (syphon filter) buys Naughty Dog and so on ...

We'll Sony never buy publisher tho, also all companies that sony purchase are small company that has not made their names. 

Bandorr said:
Chris Hu said:

Well the first part of the sentence is still completely wrong.

The first part connects to the second part through the context of this thread.  I get it you jumped to assumptions. Now you feel embarrassed that you didn't finish the post and you feel awkward. It's okay to be awkward and wrong. It's weird to want to dig a hole further to try and justify your premature posting.

Accept it and move on. You didn't ask for clarify or explanation. You jumped immediately into attack mode without even reading the last of it.

It's okay - I forgive you.

Nope you where wrong since the massive amounts of Minecraft updates and Minecraft Dungeons exist so yeah the first part of your statement is completely wrong.  Heck you are lucky that I barely play Minecraft games so I can't go into great details on how utterly wrong the first part of your statement is. But just by looking at Mincrafts GS which is currently 2600 on the X1 you can tell they added a ton of stuff since it started with 1000.

And breathe...

hinch said:

And breathe...

looks at the twitter banner

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.