2009 2 7.41%

2010 7 25.93%

2011 3 11.11%

2012 0 0%

2013 5 18.52%

Total:27

Around the Network

Gonna have to go with 2007.

Assassin's Creed. Biohsock, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Crysis, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Metroid Prime 3, Portal, Super Mario Galaxy, Team Fortress 2. Witcher.

Some of these series would greatly improve in later entries, but not only was the quality high, the sheer level of innovation was at its peak for the generation. New and impressive franchises were releasing left and right in addition to old ones reinventing themselves like Mario and Call of Duty. It was easily the most exiting year for gaming since I started playing videogames, and in no year since has the industry been pushed forward as much as it was in 2007.

2010, when the devs started to really know how the hardwares work and get the best of it.

2013, Ni no Kuni and Dragon’s Crown. So many other good games that year.

2010 was excellent.

God of War III, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Bayonetta, Bioshock 2, Halo: Reach, Heavy Rain, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Vanquish, Limbo.

Around the Network

For PS3 it was 2010 and onwards, can't choose one year.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

JustThatGamer said:
2010 was excellent.

God of War III, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Bayonetta, Bioshock 2, Halo: Reach, Heavy Rain, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Vanquish, Limbo.

Actually rethinking it, 2010 was one of the most legit year for gaming for me. That's one hell of a lineup!

2013 comes close though.

Last edited by hinch - on 21 September 2020

Wii Sports Resort
NSMB Wii
Demon's Souls

That's three extremely solid titles.

For me, it's gotta be 2010.

For one thing it was the peak of the Wii, with awesome games like Mario Galaxy 2, Monster Hunter Tri, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Goldeneye 007, No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, etc.

My 360 also got a ton of use that year with the amazing likes of Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, Vanquish, Halo Reach, Bioshock 2, etc.

I bought and enjoyed more games that year than any other not just in Gen 7 but in the entire time I've been a gamer.

EDIT: Just counted by collection; 23 games from 2010 alone, far out.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 September 2020

2007 is definitely #2 though.

From amazing news IPs like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Portal, and Uncharted, to fantastic reinventions of existing ones like Mario Galaxy, COD4, and Metroid Prime 3, it was just packed with exciting new games of all kinds.

10 in my collection from this year.