By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game prices should not rise

The physical stuff that comes with a game is kind of dirt cheap. It's small potatoes compared to other costs, and the elimination of it was really for environmental reasons and not really a cost cutting measure (although that maybe factored in a little).

Not saying that the overall point is wrong, but I don't think that's a great line of reasoning to support it.

But, the main thing is, vote with your dollars. If more people either don't buy games at 70, or wait for a price drop, then prices will go down... or they'll just cater more to the people who will drop hundreds of dollars on loot boxes. One or the other.

Around the Network

i think its ok if 70 bucks means i can play both ps4 and standard ps5 copies (not via backward compatibility)

60 bucks is ps4 standard and then ps5 backward compatibility which isnt a real ps5 standard copy

JWeinCom said:
The physical stuff that comes with a game is kind of dirt cheap. It's small potatoes compared to other costs, and the elimination of it was really for environmental reasons and not really a cost cutting measure (although that maybe factored in a little).

Not saying that the overall point is wrong, but I don't think that's a great line of reasoning to support it.

But, the main thing is, vote with your dollars. If more people either don't buy games at 70, or wait for a price drop, then prices will go down... or they'll just cater more to the people who will drop hundreds of dollars on loot boxes. One or the other.

Indeed, it is ironic that some complain about greedy companies while supporting those companies in being greedy at the same time.