By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Plus Collection

Too bad I've played almost all of them, but great addition anyways

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Mr_No said:

While it's still too early to tell, I'm assuming this will be the same as the monthly PS Plus games we're having now on PS4. However, the fine print will have to be read to see if these are permanent.

But it is a collection. What's the point of taking those games away after a certain time if it's a collection? But it's still early and more details are needed on this.

I added this to the OP now, but according to this note from the Playstation blog, it sounds like it won't replace the previous PS Plus benefits. But be an 'added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits' of the PS Plus subscription.

snip

I do like this, but I would like to know if the PS4 PS Plus games will be carried over to PS5. Many details should be shed light over.

What I would like to know is how frequent will the PS Collection library be expanded (if it will be), and if this service will be consolidated with PS Now. I feel this is the moment to give PS Now a breath of fresh air and offer many, many more legacy games, offering some kind of Backwards Compatibility with PS Plus, giving much more value for money.

Mr_No said:

I do like this, but I would like to know if the PS4 PS Plus games will be carried over to PS5. Many details should be shed light over.

What I would like to know is how frequent will the PS Collection library be expanded (if it will be), and if this service will be consolidated with PS Now. I feel this is the moment to give PS Now a breath of fresh air and offer many, many more legacy games, offering some kind of Backwards Compatibility with PS Plus, giving much more value for money.

Unless stated otherwise, each PS+ supporting platform will get its two games a month. So 2 onPS4 and two on PS5. The only difference (disadvantage or advantage depending on who you are asking), is that for the first few months the PS5 PS+ free games will probably be PS4 games. There is no reason to assume they would suddenly top this.

The PS+ collection is just a buy-in bonus fr people that own a PS5. Its kinda like buying a console with 18 pre-loaded games. Something that I think sony isn't marketing enough. They should be pushing that hard, "buy a PS5 and get 18 free games". Then put the PS+ subscription required in the small print lol. 

I also feel that ultimately PS+ collections will be consolidated with PS now, or now with collections, it's pretty much their answer to gamepass. Though I would prefer it if everything as just combined into one big service for $10/month. PS+, PS+C and PS Now. Just looks cleaner. And then every month the free games given t PS+ gets added to PS Now. With the only difference being that users that claimed them onPS+woul have them forever but those that didn't can only access them as long as they ae a part of PS+C. 

Oh, and PS+C would b made tonver have more than 100 games, can be called 100 for 100 or something catchy like that, and those games would constantly get updated basedon user feedback or votes.

I really wanna see a new subscription that combines PS Plus and Now for about £10 a month if it means they will keep improving PS Now offerings and how PS Plus works. E.g I don't care if its day one, but if they put games on there 6 months after launch, add MP portion of games for free onto it.