By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Plus Collection

DonFerrari said:
Hiku said:

I added this to the OP now, but according to this note from the Playstation blog, it sounds like it won't replace the previous PS Plus benefits. But be an 'added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits' of the PS Plus subscription.

I don`t think you need to have PS4 to get the benefit though. It seems both an incentive to upgrade and to switch over. Similar to GP having a lot of BC games on it and a good price.

It seems like it's basically saying "Hey, come to Ps5, we have cookies"

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Hiku said:
sales2099 said:

Well to most people a new gen wipes the slate clean. You guys talk about new experiences only on next gen... funny I see the tone changing now.

If someone said that, then specify who, instead of 'you guys'.
I certainly didn't. And chances are that even the people you're referring to could be talking about wanting new games they pay $60-70 for to be developed for the new hardware as much as possible. 
These are old games we seemingly get for free, provided you have PS Plus already.

sales2099 said:

If we talking old games bolstering the launch of a new gen, then Xbox wins hands down with Game Pass. Combined with EA Play and day 1 games the average user will play more games then you while you spend several hundred more per year if you even 
attempt to play the amount of games we are.

It depends on what you want to spend your money on. Game Pass is an additional subscription service on top of XBL.
If there are not enough games on offer that you'd consider buying, you may also not want to pay the subscription fee.

Provided PS Plus Collection doesn't jack up the yearly cost of PS Plus, this is a free bonus for those who already planned on getting PS Plus.

sales2099 said:
Most people who own a PS4 now already played those games. 

I feel like there's probably some games there that PS4 owners haven't played. At least from my perspective I have too much to play to even get around to games like Final Fantasy 15, and I've been a huge FF fan since forever.

Actually looking at the list, I've only played 4 of them.

• Batman: Arkham Knight - Own and Finished
  • Battlefield 1 - Never Cared
  • Bloodborne - Own and Didn`t like
  • Days Gone - Own and platined
  • Detroit: Become Human - Own and Platined
  • Fallout 4 - Never Cared
  • Final Fantasy XV - Own and Platined
  • God of War - Own and Platined
  • Infamous Second Son - Own and Platined
  • Monster Hunter World - Looked to get but advised not to because person knew my taste.
  • Mortal Kombat X - Own
  • Persona 5 - Own and double platined with royal
  • Ratchet and Clank - Own and Platined
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Own and finished
  • The Last Guardian - Own and Platined
  • The Last of Us Remastered - Own and finished TLOU2 platined
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Own and platined
  • Until Dawn - Own and platined

It really have nothing for me, but I think it is a good proposition for newcomers to get such great games without additional cost.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Is this coming to PS4? I'm so confused with all of Sony's lies that I don't know what is happening anymore.

The fact that the Playstation Plus Collection is coming only on PS5 is bull shit. You pay the same price for the subscription service on PS4, but this service is an exclusive and free add-on only to PS5 owner.

yvanjean said:
Is this coming to PS4? I'm so confused with all of Sony's lies that I don't know what is happening anymore.

The fact that the Playstation Plus Collection is coming only on PS5 is bull shit. You pay the same price for the subscription service on PS4, but this service is an exclusive and free add-on only to PS5 owner.

I imagine how worried you are about Sony lies and if you are going to get these games on your PS4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
yvanjean said:

I imagine how worried you are about Sony lies and if you are going to get these games on your PS4.

Well, I've always wanted to play Persona 5 and Detroit become human, but been too cheap to fork out money for them :P

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
sales2099 said:

Fair enough. I didn’t want to call out people that had nothing to do with this conversation but I see your point. Individuals and objective thinkers aside that seemed to be the pack mentality. 

For GP comment, both are subs end of day. GP is just $10/month and gets you so much more.  

Otherwise what you say has merit but between Game Pass and Backwards compatibility, the argument of older games bolstering the new generation goes to Xbox hands down. This collection is a nice touch and full of value in itself. Not denying that. 

PS live is the equivalent of Xbox live. Not game pass. You and ludicrous need to stop pushing this. It's a poor argument made just to push the "gets you so much more.".

PS Collection is a combination with PS+. So $60. So around $5 a month.

To make the comparison you need to combine Xbox live and Gamepass. So $15 a month. Every month. 12 months a year. so $180.

The PS+ games are "permanent" as soon as you redeem them. The game pass games rotate you never full own them (without buying them).

It cost three times as much. It's a separate service.  It offers far more games and includes games day one.

You are picking up a pile of newspapers and comparing them against a blanket "they keep you warm AND you can read them". It's a poor comparison.

Technically it’s $10 if you don’t play multiplayer. A subs a sub. And saying just because the $5 per month is less money then a $10 per month doesn’t make it the better value for games. Both quality and quantity. Again, nevermind the night and day BC. FYI Game Pass is the blanket and PS Plus is the newspaper. Blankets are more expensive but keep you much warmer. You absolutely right, it is a poor comparison. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, I've always wanted to play Persona 5 and Detroit become human, but been too cheap to fork out money for them :P

Them play when they release on PC.

Bandorr said:
Hiku said:

I don't think he was saying that it's better value. But that the comparison shouldn't be made in the first place. But since you are doing it, you should at least include the cost of XBL.

People subscribe to PS+ and XBL primarily to play games online. Free games and discounts are mainly further incentives.
Free games have been a thing on those subscriptions for a few generations now. Collection just makes a selection of games always accessible, so you're not affected if you 'miss a month' Or 84 months.

This isn't Sony's version of Game Pass. That would be Playstation Now. This is an expansion of the PS+ free games.
And if it doesn't jack up the monthly cost, then it's just a nice free bonus for most people. Or an additional incentive to get a Playstation for newcomers.

If you didn't have a PS4, or missed out on some of these games, and you're thinking about getting PS5, then you'll have God of War, Persona 5, Monster Hunter, RE7, etc, right off the bat if you get PS Plus.

Exactly. This is just an add on. It is free DLC. Game pass = PS now. PS (and collection) = XB Live.  This shouldn't be a difficult concept.

Don't compare PS now to XBL. Don't compare PS (or the collection) to game pass.

You subscribe to game pass for games. To XBL for online. You subscribe to PS now for games. to PS+ for online.

XBL and PS+ just happen to also give games. PS collection is a plus to PS+.

If I would do the type of comparison he does I could say that since I have PS+ since the start of PS4 and received about 3 to 4 games a month that would be about 200 games on my collection that I can play anytime for R$100 a year (or 20USD - less than 2USD per month) so that beats GP in price, quantity and quality.

DonFerrari said:
yvanjean said:

Then play when they release on PC.

Sure, I bet it will run great on my Surface Laptop 2.  

Well, PlayStation has now set a bar with Playstation Plus Collection and I'm actually really interested to see where they go from here. 

It does seem like it's not a timed exclusive benefit for early adopters of PS5 and the service should add more titles in the future. 

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

Then play when they release on PC.

Sure, I bet it will run great on my Surface Laptop 2.  

Well, PlayStation has now set a bar with Playstation Plus Collection and I'm actually really interested to see where they go from here. 

It does seem like it's not a timed exclusive benefit for early adopters of PS5 and the service should add more titles in the future. 

That is the expectation, and usually is much easier for the userbase to accept added stuff or value than removed. So at worse Sony would keep these games there forever or if needing to remove third party put some Indie or first party in its place to avoid backlash.