By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Plus Collection

Hiku said:
sales2099 said:
Why isn’t this a PS Now thing instead of PS Plus? Either way it looks like a slice of Game Pass. It’s not much but it’s a start for you guys to enjoy.

I don't think this is like Gamepass.
Playstation describe it as 'a new benefit'. The graphic mentions the regular PS Plus subscription, so it sounds like it's integrated into PS Plus for PS5.

So a permanent selection of free games just for doing PS Plus, on top of the free games every month? Neat 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

This is a great addition for PS Plus considering its at no extra cost aside from the yearly subscription.

It means no PS plus monthly games on ps5 for a few months

This is pretty cool for those that did not own a PS4...It would be a lot cooler if it was Persona 5 Royal though!

Pinkie_pie said:
It means no PS plus monthly games on ps5 for a few months

FUD.

18 games.. 6 of which I never bought. That's fine by e for a ps+ subscription I already have for another 2 years.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
sales2099 said:

So a permanent selection of free games just for doing PS Plus, on top of the free games every month? Neat 

That seems to be the case. Gamepass focuses on new games. These are all older PS4 games.

Though can't say for certain that the selection of games is permanent. Maybe it's just for the first year. Or maybe the selection of games will get swapped at some point.
We'll have to read the fine print when it's announced in detail.

While it's still too early to tell, I'm assuming this will be the same as the monthly PS Plus games we're having now on PS4. However, the fine print will have to be read to see if these are permanent.

But it is a collection. What's the point of taking those games away after a certain time if it's a collection? But it's still early and more details are needed on this.

Many of the best Games from this Generation, thats really fantastic!

Too bad I already own all these games, some of them digital and physical (Like God of War).

I have so many physical and digital games on PS4 that I've yet to finish that...yeah my Ps5's gonna get SO much use. Just at launch I got Spider-Man and Demon's Souls. Yesplz

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Let's see if more games will be added or if there will be PS5 games on it as well. But that seems like some of those games leg will be cut and no enhanced version sold for extra cash.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Runa216 said:
Too bad I already own all these games, some of them digital and physical (Like God of War).

I have so many physical and digital games on PS4 that I've yet to finish that...yeah my Ps5's gonna get SO much use. Just at launch I got Spider-Man and Demon's Souls. Yesplz

I don't own some of them. Ther are just some games I never came around to buying. Until dawn, Batman, RE7, Fallout 4 (though I feel I wouldn't even take it for free), BF, MK, Days Gone, Monster hunter, and the last guardian. I have everything else. So that's 8 games I would be getting for a +subscription I bulk purchased during a $40 for one year PS+ deal lat year. I got 5 years lol.

This is exactly how i feel MS should bedoing gamepass. You don't have to have day 1 releases there, just add good games to the list and make it be a benefit of having Live or whatever.