By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGChartz How Should We Refer to Xbox Series S | X?

Tagged games:

What Should We Call Xbox Series S | X?

Xbox Series S | X 7 26.92%

Xbox Series 6 23.08%

Xbox SSX 0 0%

Xbox SEX 7 26.92%

Xbox SAX (Series S AND X) 1 3.85%

Xbox SX 0 0%

Xbox XS 0 0%

Xbox 4 1 3.85%

Xbox S&X 2 7.69%

Other 2 7.69%

Total:26

Why can't the abbreviation just be XSX?

Around the Network
VAMatt said:

Because that'll ignore half the systems. We're talking about two extra keystrokes to type XSX|S. Or even XSX/S, if you really can't find the | key.

Shaunodon said:
VAMatt said:

Because that'll ignore half the systems. We're talking about two extra keystrokes to type XSX|S. Or even XSX/S, if you really can't find the | key.

How does is ignore half of the systems? The abbreviation can be anything we want it to be.  Could just as well be XB4.  The problem there is that it might confuse people.  XSX is pretty obvious.  

Most abbreviations are 3 characters, with some going to 4.  And, with abbreviations, shorter is better.  

VAMatt said:
Shaunodon said:

How does is ignore half of the systems? The abbreviation can be anything we want it to be.  Could just as well be XB4.  The problem there is that it might confuse people.  XSX is pretty obvious.  

Most abbreviations are 3 characters, with some going to 4.  And, with abbreviations, shorter is better.  

Because Xbox Series X is different from Xbox Series S. XSX implies you're only talking about the former. You'd be better off typing XSeries at least. Or you know, just typing the ones I already mentioned, which only require two extra keystrokes.

Signalstar said:
Shaunodon said:

I think this is best. Nice and clean. As simple as they could make it I guess.

So you are willing to type out Xbox Series X|S every time you want to talk about the console? It's a mouthful so to speak. I didn't even type it out for this message but copy and pasted it from the post above.

Agreed. Better off going with just X|S or X/S.

I feel like XseX is primed to be used for Series X.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
VAMatt said:

Because Xbox Series X is different from Xbox Series S. XSX implies you're only talking about the former. You'd be better off typing XSeries at least. Or you know, just typing the ones I already mentioned, which only require two extra keystrokes.

XSX and XSS would be a simple and easy way to go with this. 

But also, I'll question that we'd make this distinction in reality. When we reffer to the Switch we include the Switch Lite, we dont make a distinction even tho its 2 different system. I'd reckon the same will happen to XSS. 

Xbox Series x gon give it to ya
Xbox Series s gon give it to ya

Xbox

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Xbox SaX!

Jpcc86 said:
Shaunodon said:

XSX and XSS would be a simple and easy way to go with this. 

But also, I'll question that we'd make this distinction in reality. When we reffer to the Switch we include the Switch Lite, we dont make a distinction even tho its 2 different system. I'd reckon the same will happen to XSS. 

That's because the name Switch can easily refer to the whole family of systems. If you said OG Switch or Switch Lite however, everyone would assume you're speaking on that particular system, which is equivalent to saying XSX-- Xbox Series X. The equivalent of Switch would be Xbox Series.