By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix: No plans for Kingdom Hearts ports on Switch, technologically difficult, but another Nomura game may be ported

It's not cool when your favorite publisher and your favorite console don't match :(

No new titles of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Rider, Valkyore Profile or Nier on the horizon

Is Dragon Quest and Braverly all will we ever got from Enix?

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
I will never understand the logic in not putting artful, Disney characters on the biggest platform that kids play. Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo makes far more sense than any other platform as it has the largest market of kids playing, yet it's the one that doesn't get it. I don't know how these people don't realize how much money they are missing out on. It's beyond unfathomable.

Agreed

Hiku said:

"Square Enix did consider ports of existing games for Switch in the past but found that it was technologically difficult"

I think this sentence is referring to games like Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, etc.

Every publisher has a different opinion on what is financially viable for them when it comes to ports, but for the old KH games, there should be no performance issues, so it's probably just a matter of re-coding it. So you'd think they should be among the cheapest games to post over.

Runs Doom, Witcher 3 but KH 2.5 and 3 to much difficulty. ok....

CaptainExplosion said:
I don't even like Kingdom Hearts, but I'm gonna say this is just a bullshit excuse.

it's not a rational or a financial decision. It's a  emotional decision with hubris 

100% politics

Around the Network

Sounds like Switch avoided a bullet.

Would've sold way more on the switch than on the Xbox One and that's a fact. I'm sensing some politics and bias from the higher ups going on here

Nomura gave the same excuse I think on Wii U why PS2 ports are too hard for it. Uh-huh sure. I don't like KH at all but I despise Nomura even more. He sucks at everything. SE be better without him. He's a one trick pony and his trick sucks.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yeah, that sounds like absolute BS, but I don't really care about KH so no skin off my nose.

It's a shame, because despite being extremely disappointed with KH III and with the direction the saga took from BbS onwards, KH and II are some of my favourite games of all time and I would pay indecent amounts of money for a portable version. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But hey, it's too hard to port some PS2 games to a machine dozens of times more powerful and three generations more modern. And, even if by some engineering miracle they managed to port them, they wouldn't even sell well. I mean, there's no way they would do better on the Nintendo Switch, with 60+ million consoles and with a tradition with the franchise doing well on previous consoles than... I don't know, Xbox One and their 40 something million consoles and its great sales performance with japanese games.

Yup, not worth it at all. Let it go... let it go...