By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Here's Quick Drift Fix For Joycons (video included)

In case someone has problems with Joycon drift, here's a fix that does not require putting Joycons into pieces:

Easiest Joycon drift fix

And it does indeed work.

Last edited by bdbdbd - on 01 September 2020

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

😲 you're back!

*Edit* I meant "Your back!" It's hairy. Also, welcome back!

Haha. Thanks, I've been quite busy for some time - working on my own (mobile) game, along with other stuff.

Always nice to come back.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

cycycychris said:
If your in the US, best advice it to just send it to Nintendo for a free repair. Thought I read before that this form of repair has the potential to damage the joycon, but could be wrong.

I sent bother of joycon to Nintendo last year for repair. No problems since, so far.

Brakleen can be used to clean electronics, so it's quite safe, basically any electronics cleaner should work. The fix I made was two months ago, and still works with no problems. They already were once fixed on warranty, worked without problems for 6-9 months.

The drift issue is caused by dirt inside the stick's electonic components, and the fix Nintendo does is that they clean it - atleast that's what they did to my joycons in 2019.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Wow the guy in the video used a ton of that stuff. I have electric contact cleaner and use just 2-3 squirts. It works but not for very long. Is there a danger to spray until it drips out of the joycon?

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network

i remember you from the mario kart wii league

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kenjab said:

Wow the guy in the video used a ton of that stuff. I have electric contact cleaner and use just 2-3 squirts. It works but not for very long. Is there a danger to spray until it drips out of the joycon?

I did the same...and it worked...but not for very long, like you say.  I was wondering the same and whether I should have just drenched the thing the same way.

Also wondering how many times that guy has smashed his fingers and thumb...ouch.

It's a temp fix. The metal pins scratch against the black coating,wearing it down. There is yet to be a permenant fix. Nintendo just needs to gett different parts. They are cheap non custom off the shelf chinese parts.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

kenjab said:

It's used a lot to actually flush (all) the dirt away. If you don't flush it, the dirt stays and it's not going to last long.

No, there's no dangeras long as the cleaning liquid is the right type.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Bristow9091 said:
Dear lord his fingernails!

Cytotoxic medication for psoriasis does wonders. Maybe not for the disease, but at least side-effect wise.

Last edited by bdbdbd - on 01 September 2020

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.