Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 or RTX 3080 (Lol update)

What would be wisest?

PS5 54 44.26%
 
RTX 3080 49 40.16%
 
Neither, you don't need a... 19 15.57%
 
Total:122
ArchangelMadzz said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Good choice. I'd pick a car over both any day of the week. Ps5 over 3080 next year is also a good choice since you already have a 2070 Super and DLSS should be able to carry it through for a few more years at least. Plus RTX IO is also compatible with 2000 series.

Yeah it makes no sense to upgrade to a 3080 a year from now when the 4000 series would likely be out the following year. 

I wasn't aware of RTX IO being compatible, I might gonna treat myself to a 2TB Gen 3 nvme SSD on black friday if it is.

Tell the truth. Your afraid of the 10GB of vram.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Yeah it makes no sense to upgrade to a 3080 a year from now when the 4000 series would likely be out the following year. 

I wasn't aware of RTX IO being compatible, I might gonna treat myself to a 2TB Gen 3 nvme SSD on black friday if it is.

Tell the truth. Your afraid of the 10GB of vram.

Hahaha you got me! 

8k Gaming is gonna go mainstream in a couple years and 10GB is just not gonna be enough /s



PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I got my new car 2 months back, so that's covered, but I'm not getting any gaming-related hardware this year either. Hope you find a great car and enjoy it!



I don't really follow pc specs and what not, use my macbook pro for surfing the web and video editing, the last pc game I played was probably Day of the Tentacle, or Duke Nukem. I would say waiting on the PS5 or the RTX thingy would normally come down to the PS5 is never going to change while the next big PC stats increase come every year or two, so the fear of buying RTX and something better comes out shortly after is always there. Of course with mid generation upgrades, it might be better to just wait until the inevitable PS5 pro in a few years.



rapsuperstar31 said:
I don't really follow pc specs and what not, use my macbook pro for surfing the web and video editing, the last pc game I played was probably Day of the Tentacle, or Duke Nukem. I would say waiting on the PS5 or the RTX thingy would normally come down to the PS5 is never going to change while the next big PC stats increase come every year or two, so the fear of buying RTX and something better comes out shortly after is always there. Of course with mid generation upgrades, it might be better to just wait until the inevitable PS5 pro in a few years.

I never bothered with a PS4 Pro, I stuck with the base PS4. But at least the PS4 Pro had the resolution jump.
I doubt I'd get a PS5 Pro especially when there will be less incentive. It'll just do 4k better, it won't be an 8k machine. 



PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I would honestly say the 3080 is a tad overkill. 3070 looks like much better value for the foreseeable, and thats still a 2x upgrade on the 2070.

I say that because the 3070 can crunch though ultra 4k/60fps with RT, but don't suspect the 3080 can do the same at 8k. I'd say get the 3070 and squirrel away the £200 difference and put it in the jar that says "8k screen". Or save it for next year when the consoles get exclusives



AkimboCurly said:

I would honestly say the 3080 is a tad overkill. 3070 looks like much better value for the foreseeable, and thats still a 2x upgrade on the 2070.

I say that because the 3070 can crunch though ultra 4k/60fps with RT, but don't suspect the 3080 can do the same at 8k. I'd say get the 3070 and squirrel away the £200 difference and put it in the jar that says "8k screen". Or save it for next year when the consoles get exclusives

I don't think anyone is buying a 3080 for 8k gaming. 

8k resolution in the context of a monitor on a desk is stupid anyway. You're at maximum eye resolve at that size and distance. Plus no 10GB Vram card is being aimed at 8k. It's just for better performing 4k. 

4000 series Nvidia might try to advertise 8k but really it's for high refresh rate 4k with a lot of extra post processing.



PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
4 days active, 160 replies thread and the amazingly hilarious conclusion is......


I'm not buying either of them this year.
I've decided to save up for a car, buy a PS5 next holiday season and get a 4080 in 2022.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Will say it was a very sensible decision.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

ArchangelMadzz said:
AkimboCurly said:

I would honestly say the 3080 is a tad overkill. 3070 looks like much better value for the foreseeable, and thats still a 2x upgrade on the 2070.

I say that because the 3070 can crunch though ultra 4k/60fps with RT, but don't suspect the 3080 can do the same at 8k. I'd say get the 3070 and squirrel away the £200 difference and put it in the jar that says "8k screen". Or save it for next year when the consoles get exclusives

I don't think anyone is buying a 3080 for 8k gaming. 

8k resolution in the context of a monitor on a desk is stupid anyway. You're at maximum eye resolve at that size and distance. Plus no 10GB Vram card is being aimed at 8k. It's just for better performing 4k. 

4000 series Nvidia might try to advertise 8k but really it's for high refresh rate 4k with a lot of extra post processing.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-synthetic-and-gaming-performance-leaked

Officially no longer amazing.



Random_Matt said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I don't think anyone is buying a 3080 for 8k gaming. 

8k resolution in the context of a monitor on a desk is stupid anyway. You're at maximum eye resolve at that size and distance. Plus no 10GB Vram card is being aimed at 8k. It's just for better performing 4k. 

4000 series Nvidia might try to advertise 8k but really it's for high refresh rate 4k with a lot of extra post processing.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-synthetic-and-gaming-performance-leaked

Officially no longer amazing.

Those numbers are impressive? And is pretty much in line with what they said about the 4k performance between the 3080 and the 2080(2070s).

I love how 5 games benchmarked by DF isn't official but 2 games benchmarked is official?



PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'