By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia Ampere announced, 3090, 3080, 3070 coming later this year

DLSS is fucking insane

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-3090-8k-hdr-gaming/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

DLSS is fucking insane

Holy SHIT. That makes 4K look like garbage. 

Soundwave said:
Captain_Yuri said:

DLSS is fucking insane

Holy SHIT. That makes 4K look like garbage. 

And it's not even it's final form!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

One cool thing is that RTX IO is also compatible with Nvidia's Turing as well as Ampere! So the 2000 series shouldn't get "left behind" with it comes to IO performance.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-io-gpu-accelerated-storage-technology/

"RTX IO is supported on all GeForce RTX Turing and NVIDIA Ampere-architecture GPUs."

CGI-Quality said:
Captain_Yuri said:
One cool thing is that RTX IO is also compatible with Nvidia's Turing as well as Ampere! So the 2000 series shouldn't get "left behind" with it comes to IO performance.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-io-gpu-accelerated-storage-technology/

"RTX IO is supported on all GeForce RTX Turing and NVIDIA Ampere-architecture GPUs."

Of course they wouldn't be left behind.

Just making sure we all have the same info :P

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Can't say I'm too worried about 8K at this point, won't be getting an 8k tv or monitor for many years yet. But, with AMD working on something similar to DLSS, we could possibly see mid-gen refresh Xbox Series and PS5 consoles that are aimed at 8k by using AMD's version of DLSS. RDNA 4 should be out by 2024 and useable by MS and Sony for that purpose.

Mid gen refresh? Hope not, they then truly would be a rip off. PC would be a cheaper option.

New Features to DLSS Coming through NVIDIA RTX Unreal Engine 4 Branch

"Powered by dedicated AI processors on RTX GPUs called Tensor Cores, the latest update to DLSS introduces a new ultra performance mode that accelerates performance to support 8K gaming.This DLSS update provides the following key benefits:

New ultra performance mode for 8K gaming. Deliver 8K gaming on GeForce RTX 3090 with DLSS.
Improved VR support. Maintaining the 2880×1600 resolution of top-end VR head mounted displays while delivering the recommended 90 FPS has been made easier with DLSS.
Dynamic resolution support. The input buffer can change dimensions from frame to frame while the output size remains fixed. If the rendering engine supports dynamic resolution, DLSS can be used to perform the required upscale to the display resolution.

These updates will be available later this month."

https://news.developer.nvidia.com/new-features-to-dlss-coming-to-nvidia-rtx-unreal-engine-4-branch/

DLSS is the gift that keeps on giving

Captain_Yuri said:

"Powered by dedicated AI processors on RTX GPUs called Tensor Cores, the latest update to DLSS introduces a new ultra performance mode that accelerates performance to support 8K gaming.This DLSS update provides the following key benefits:

New ultra performance mode for 8K gaming. Deliver 8K gaming on GeForce RTX 3090 with DLSS.
Improved VR support. Maintaining the 2880×1600 resolution of top-end VR head mounted displays while delivering the recommended 90 FPS has been made easier with DLSS.
Dynamic resolution support. The input buffer can change dimensions from frame to frame while the output size remains fixed. If the rendering engine supports dynamic resolution, DLSS can be used to perform the required upscale to the display resolution.

https://news.developer.nvidia.com/new-features-to-dlss-coming-to-nvidia-rtx-unreal-engine-4-branch/

Improved VR support is going to be a boon for me, because I'll be getting a set sometime in the next yr or two (VR chat is gonna be insane).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Improved VR support is going to be a boon for me, because I'll be getting a set sometime in the next yr or two (VR chat is gonna be insane).

Noice.

I like the part about Dynamic Resolution Support for DLSS.

As far as I understand it as I don't have a 2000 series GPU (Thank Fucking God), DLSS has a static Internal Resolution and External Resolution that you can set and based on that, you can get varying degrees of performance. By enabling Dynamic Resolution for DLSS, the Internal resolution can then change by itself and allow you to have a steady performance uplift. This would be really good for low end GPUs or high end GPUs targeting crazy resolutions. Right now it's limited to UE4 games but that is a great starting point.

Captain_Yuri said:

Noice.

I like the part about Dynamic Resolution Support for DLSS.

As far as I understand it as I don't have a 2000 series GPU (Thank Fucking God), DLSS has a static Internal Resolution and External Resolution that you can set and based on that, you can get varying degrees of performance. By enabling Dynamic Resolution for DLSS, the Internal resolution can then change by itself and allow you to have a steady performance uplift. This would be really good for low end GPUs or high end GPUs targeting crazy resolutions. Right now it's limited to UE4 games but that is a great starting point.

It'd actually be nice for once if all the other studios, publishers and engine creators were to support DLSS. Far too many times have I seen Nvidia toss out a new kit of tech for games, only to see it supported in like 1-3 games (looking at you Conan exiles with your amazing Nvidia sand). I wonder if they'll go back to their hair FX and fine tune that more, because when they first showed it off, it did indeed look nice, but it's perf impact was just far too much that most ppl (myself included) turned or forced it off (like Witcher 3).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"