By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lord of the Ring: Gollum loses next-gen exclusive status, gets PS4/XB1/Switch versions

Whatever gen this is on, I kind of don't see the appeal of a whole game playing as Gollum.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Whatever gen this is on, I kind of don't see the appeal of a whole game playing as Gollum.

As a huge Lord of the Rings fan, I have to agree.

I love LOTR so if the Switch version's not horrific I might grab it.
Will have to see more of how it actually plays first though.

PAOerfulone said:
JWeinCom said:

What if we made a game with a sick, twisted, corrupted version of Sonic?

Eureka!

I imagine the Switch version will be outsourced. Let's hope panic button or Sabre got the job.

Around the Network
zippy said:
I imagine the Switch version will be outsourced. Let's hope panic button or Sabre got the job.

In their hands I'd have faith in it ending up okay. They've yet to put a foot wrong in the Switch porting business.

PAOerfulone said:
JWeinCom said:

As an even huger Lord of the Rings fan, I have to disagree.

I neeeeedz it

Could be an interesting game, Gollum’s an interesting character. A lot will depend on when this game will take place; considering we see Barad-Dur, I suppose it’s right before Fellowship of the Ring. Curious to see how the Switch port turns out, if I ever get this game it’d be on Switch.

Well with the lack of next gen console production I can see why. They're a 3rd party company after all so how else are they going to make money.

They probably thought it wouldn't have that many sales, and they decided to add more platforms to increase the potential userbase. I don't see playing as Gollum has that much appeal in general.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.