Conker's Bad Fur Day 11 13.75%

Diddy Kong Racing 4 5.00%

Jet Force Gemini 3 3.75%

Blast Corps 2 2.50%

Kill Instinct Gold 1 1.25%

Donkey Kong 64 6 7.50%

Total:80
Shiken said:
For me it is a toss up between Jet Force Gemini, Banjo Kazooie, and Donky Kong 64.

I am giving the nod to Jet Force Gemini as I feel that is an IP that had a ton of untapped potential should they have taken it beyond a single game.

I completely agree with this, but I think it might have been impossible.

The game was created by the Blast Corps team, but they didn’t have the manpower, so they brought in the Diddy Kong Racing team for most of the dev muscle. When the project was finished, the core creators left Rare to start Free Radical Design, and the remaining members focused on Micky race car Disney (or whatever that thing was).

So, by 2000, the JFG team was gutted at the core, and everyone else was split up between the other teams since there really wasn’t any leadership left.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

1. Perfect Dark
2. GoldenEye 007
3. Diddy Kong Racing

All are excellent and very close together. A ways below those three I would put Banjo, and then DK64. I haven't played Conker or Jet Force Gemini, and only have a little experience with Blast Corps. I would love to be able to play those other Rare games, but I don't think there is an easy way for me to do that. Rare Replay would be the easiest way, but I don't own a Xbox One, so I am out of luck.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Besides sheer quality, the other great thing about Rare's 64 output is the variety; from colourful platformers to realistic shooters, with racers and a fighting game thrown in for good measure.

It's sad that the talent largely jumped ship towards the end of the 64 gen, but thankfully we at least now have Playtonic composed of many of the 90s Rare veterans. Seriously, if you have any fondness for classic Rare, I cannot recommend Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair strongly enough.