By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamescom Opening Night Live over, featured 38 games from 18 publishers

Ka-pi96 said:

Isn't Gamescom supposed to be a European event? It's usually in Germany, right?

I get that they can't actually have the event now, but they could still do it in Germany, no? Why LA?

Legit thought the same thing when I read 'Live a studio from Los Angeles' but I guess the company that owns it is probably USAian. That said why bother? Just do a big video feed and stream it like MS and Sony did.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I get that they can't actually have the event now, but they could still do it in Germany, no? Why LA?

Legit thought the same thing when I read 'Live a studio from Los Angeles' but I guess the company that owns it is probably USAian. That said why bother? Just do a big video feed and stream it like MS and Sony did.

Yeah, they probably should have. E3 didn't even have a studio stream thing and that's much more important than Gamescom. In terms of announcements I can't remember anything good ever coming out of Gamescom. It's main claim to fame was that it had the biggest attendance numbers due to being open to the public, but it doesn't even have that now

did someone say saints row

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The Fury said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah. It's mostly just been a vehicle for new info on announced games or dlc. I could see this year being a little different since e3 wasn't a thing this year but who knows?

Edit: whoops. Meant to quote ka-pis last statement

Extended look at the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart demo is confirmed!

Around the Network

Updated List of confirmed games:

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart uncut PS5 Demo 
  • Fall Guys: Season 2
  • Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light
  • World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
  • DOOM Eternal: Ancient Gods DLC
  • Little Nightmares II
  • Medal of Honor: Above & Beyond
  • Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition
  • ID@Xbox Showcase
  • Wasteland 3

shikamaru317 said:
zealen said:
Waiting for chrono trigger remake announcement

Don't think Squeenix is on the list of exhibitors. Maybe at TGS in September. I sure would love to see a Chrono Trigger remake, done similarly to Square's recent Trials of Mana remake. Square recently revealed that the Trials of Mana remake significantly exceeded their sales expectations, so there is hope of more retro RPG remakes from them. 

Glad Trials did well for them. It’s a good game, and I have the remake and the original in Collection of Mana.

shikamaru317 said:

Updated List of confirmed games:

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart uncut PS5 Demo 
  • Fall Guys: Season 2
  • Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light
  • World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
  • DOOM Eternal: Ancient Gods DLC
  • Little Nightmares II
  • Medal of Honor: Above & Beyond
  • Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition
  • ID@Xbox Showcase
  • Wasteland 3

Ratchet, Destiny, and DOOM are of interest to me.  So, that's good to know.  

Ka-pi96 said:

Keighley can't come to Germany these days and as he is a well like host aswell as involved in procuring the content shown the organisers probably figured it's best to let him do it in the US instead of having a different host do it in Germany.

PotentHerbs said:
Extended look at the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart demo is confirmed!

Too Good, most next gen game so far getting another showing.

I think this means we can expect spiderman, demons souls, and maybe horizon gameplay for next Sony showing.