Forums - Gaming Discussion - Avengers vs Gotham Knights

Which game are you more interested in?

Avengers 2 5.00%

Gotham Knights 25 62.50%

Not interested in either 13 32.50%

Undecided 0 0%

Total:40
axumblade said:

But for real. Ever since Marvel and Fox started their talks, I've just wanted a decent X-Men game. I think that's why I cared so much about UA3.  After they were outright omitted from the last Marvel vs Capcom, it at least felt like something. 

Could you imagine an X-Men game in the vein of Deadpool the game (minus the 4th wall comedy), but with the flexibility of Bayonetta/DMC (not entirely hack n' slash, but you get what I mean), and semi open (entire open worlds seem to lack core substance, and Semi gives you almost the same illusion as fully open world titles to my knowledge). world, while following some of the known storylines like House of M, Danger Room, Age of Apocalypse,Days of Future past etc.

I'm not sure if it could follow the same RPG route as these two games, since most mutants have defined powers, but I guess you kinda could? (like a young Scott trying to control his powers, so as you level, his powers become more refined and powerful).

I do want a new X-Men game, but I don't want it to be another fighter, and we already got a sequel to Ultimate Alliance, so something new would be nice.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Well... we pretty much know that the Avengers game is ruined by a ploy to convince you to buy microtransactions. We only suspect that Gotham Knights will be ruined by a ploy to convince you to buy microtransactions. So, the latter is ahead right now.

I mean it is WB, we saw what happened with the Mortal Kombat games, so it's likely to happen with GK. The question is "how much" MT's will they cram into the game vs what we've seen Avengers do already.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Avengers artstyle is horrible and AKnights looks fantastic, Gameplay is a win too , Arkham games combat was very good

I feel bad for Crystal Dynamics on that front. I feel like they were basically told "get as close as you can to the MCU without having to pay the actors for their likeness", meaning it was going to look weird and off putting no matter what they did.

GK by a mile. Avengers does not look remotely interesting.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think people downplays avenger too much with their shady business tactic,
the san fransisco misision wasnt bad,
if they have single player experience like that where u swap characters to characters im down with that!
the coop is being heavily pushed though so playing with one character does get stale very fast!

Around the Network

Between the two games I choose Gotham Knight because of the history with the Arkham games.

But I will say that the Avengers game looks surprisingly decent, I expected a lot worst.

Normally, I have a greater affinity for Marvel than I do DC, although I enjoy both when the product is good.  But, I didn't have a great interest in Square Enix's Avengers game from the get go.  For starters, the characters in the game have that off-putting look of trying to look like the movie characters without actually bothering to pay the licensing fees for the actors likenesses.  I know that Square Enix is claiming that they want to leverage the comic books more without being tied down to the movies.  But, if you look at the different mediums, its pretty clear which look they based the game animation off of.

Comic Book

Movie 

Game

On top of that, you have Spider-Man paywall locked behind PlayStation, and the whole thing just ends up leaving a bad taste in the mouth.  I hadn't been following Gotham Knights development, but now that I look into it, it has definitely captured my interest more.

I think Gotham Knights looks better.

Although I wish these games were more in line with Arkham Knight and Spiderman. Open world experience rather than a GaaS/multiplayer.