Which game are you more interested in?

Avengers 2 5.00%

Gotham Knights 25 62.50%

Not interested in either 13 32.50%

Undecided 0 0%

Total:40
Chazore said:
trunkswd said:
Gotham Knights gameplay looks far more in-depth and impactful, IMO. Something feels off about the Avengers gameplay I've seen. Though, I might be biased as a fan of the Arkham games.

I also forgot that GK is allowing you to approach enemies in various ways (like semi-stealth or going in guns blazing like Red Hood), which is a lot better gameplay wise vs Avengers, where it's you running in, and spamming a few QTE's.

I'm a fan of both Marvel and DC (but I think DC animations are superior to Marvel, while Marvel movies beat out DC), but I'm feeling DC games the past 5-8 years have fared better than Marvel's. I think GK is going to be the safer bet to buy into. 

I feel the same way when it comes to the two. Marvel has better movies, while DC has better cartoons and games. I hope Marvel's Avengers is a great game, but from what I've seen I have my doubts.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Well... we pretty much know that the Avengers game is ruined by a ploy to convince you to buy microtransactions. We only suspect that Gotham Knights will be ruined by a ploy to convince you to buy microtransactions. So, the latter is ahead right now.

Warner Bros Montreal > Crystal Dynamics by far. Batman is a proven and tested franchise with solid games under its belt. Avengers is done by CD and co, not really interested in that. Plus you will have OP characters like Hulk that will cheese through the game.

But yeah looking forward to GK, always been a fan of the Arkham games.

Voted Gotham Knights since it looks better and I kinda liked the gameplay shown, but in truth I doubt I'll buy either one of them or I'll buy GK along the line, when theres a substancial price drop.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 22 August 2020

Angelus said:

The X-Men Legends games were pretty good.

Back in the day, aye. 

trunkswd said:

I feel the same way when it comes to the two. Marvel has better movies, while DC has better cartoons and games. I hope Marvel's Avengers is a great game, but from what I've seen I have my doubts.

I've been watching beta vids for Avengers and yeah, I have the same sort of doubts. I just think SE is gonna MT the crap out of it (as if they haven't already) and just prolong it's life via events or GaaS style content drops. The same could happen with GK, but you'd think with the way Court of Owls is written (which this will likely base based on), that it'll have an actual end to it's story. 

Around the Network
Chazore said:
axumblade said:
I'm more of a Marvel guy but the X-men are more my style than the Avengers. So went with Gotham Knights

One day we'll get a good X-Men game...one day.

But for real. Ever since Marvel and Fox started their talks, I've just wanted a decent X-Men game. I think that's why I cared so much about UA3.  After they were outright omitted from the last Marvel vs Capcom, it at least felt like something. 

axumblade said:

But for real. Ever since Marvel and Fox started their talks, I've just wanted a decent X-Men game. I think that's why I cared so much about UA3.  After they were outright omitted from the last Marvel vs Capcom, it at least felt like something. 

Could you imagine an X-Men game in the vein of Deadpool the game (minus the 4th wall comedy), but with the flexibility of Bayonetta/DMC (not entirely hack n' slash, but you get what I mean), and semi open (entire open worlds seem to lack core substance, and Semi gives you almost the same illusion as fully open world titles to my knowledge). world, while following some of the known storylines like House of M, Danger Room, Age of Apocalypse,Days of Future past etc.

I'm not sure if it could follow the same RPG route as these two games, since most mutants have defined powers, but I guess you kinda could? (like a young Scott trying to control his powers, so as you level, his powers become more refined and powerful).

I do want a new X-Men game, but I don't want it to be another fighter, and we already got a sequel to Ultimate Alliance, so something new would be nice.

JWeinCom said:
Well... we pretty much know that the Avengers game is ruined by a ploy to convince you to buy microtransactions. We only suspect that Gotham Knights will be ruined by a ploy to convince you to buy microtransactions. So, the latter is ahead right now.

I mean it is WB, we saw what happened with the Mortal Kombat games, so it's likely to happen with GK. The question is "how much" MT's will they cram into the game vs what we've seen Avengers do already.

Avengers artstyle is horrible and AKnights looks fantastic, Gameplay is a win too , Arkham games combat was very good

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Avengers artstyle is horrible and AKnights looks fantastic, Gameplay is a win too , Arkham games combat was very good

I feel bad for Crystal Dynamics on that front. I feel like they were basically told "get as close as you can to the MCU without having to pay the actors for their likeness", meaning it was going to look weird and off putting no matter what they did.