Avengers 2 5.00%

Gotham Knights 25 62.50%

Not interested in either 13 32.50%

Undecided 0 0%

Total:40

GaaS is trash so neither.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

You'd have to be a pretty massive Marvel fan to think that the Avengers game looks better in any way.

I'm not really a fan of the whole RPG system that both seem to be emulating, as well as the likeliness that Gotham Knights is going to feature MT's like Avengers is.

But seeing as how Gotham Knights isn't being designed as some weird MMO hybrid and offers co-op/SP, and to top it off, no console exclusive locked Heroes, I'd probably go for Gotham Knights (that and I like Victor as a villain).

Gotham Knights also appeals to me visually more than Avengers, but I'll have to wait and see what performance is like near it's release. My interest could be completely killed if WB do a shitty deal with EG though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

trunkswd said:
Gotham Knights gameplay looks far more in-depth and impactful, IMO. Something feels off about the Avengers gameplay I've seen. Though, I might be biased as a fan of the Arkham games.

I also forgot that GK is allowing you to approach enemies in various ways (like semi-stealth or going in guns blazing like Red Hood), which is a lot better gameplay wise vs Avengers, where it's you running in, and spamming a few QTE's.

I'm a fan of both Marvel and DC (but I think DC animations are superior to Marvel, while Marvel movies beat out DC), but I'm feeling DC games the past 5-8 years have fared better than Marvel's. I think GK is going to be the safer bet to buy into. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

axumblade said:
I'm more of a Marvel guy but the X-men are more my style than the Avengers. So went with Gotham Knights

One day we'll get a good X-Men game...one day.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
axumblade said:
I'm more of a Marvel guy but the X-men are more my style than the Avengers. So went with Gotham Knights

One day we'll get a good X-Men game...one day.

The X-Men Legends games were pretty good.

Well... we pretty much know that the Avengers game is ruined by a ploy to convince you to buy microtransactions. We only suspect that Gotham Knights will be ruined by a ploy to convince you to buy microtransactions. So, the latter is ahead right now.

Warner Bros Montreal > Crystal Dynamics by far. Batman is a proven and tested franchise with solid games under its belt. Avengers is done by CD and co, not really interested in that. Plus you will have OP characters like Hulk that will cheese through the game.

But yeah looking forward to GK, always been a fan of the Arkham games.

Voted Gotham Knights since it looks better and I kinda liked the gameplay shown, but in truth I doubt I'll buy either one of them or I'll buy GK along the line, when theres a substancial price drop.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 22 August 2020

Angelus said:

The X-Men Legends games were pretty good.

Back in the day, aye. 

trunkswd said:

I feel the same way when it comes to the two. Marvel has better movies, while DC has better cartoons and games. I hope Marvel's Avengers is a great game, but from what I've seen I have my doubts.

I've been watching beta vids for Avengers and yeah, I have the same sort of doubts. I just think SE is gonna MT the crap out of it (as if they haven't already) and just prolong it's life via events or GaaS style content drops. The same could happen with GK, but you'd think with the way Court of Owls is written (which this will likely base based on), that it'll have an actual end to it's story.