By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It's snowing in Brazil

Hiku said:

I always find it interesting when we get snow at times when we shouldn't. And some times we don't get snow when we should.
Last year it suddenly started snowing in May. First time I've seen that here in Sweden.

DonFerrari said:
Yep it happens from time to time... and we will see people using it to prove there is no global warming.

The hot gets hotter, and the cold gets colder. That's the consequence of the polar caps melting, etc.

And that can very well wind up giving us an ice age.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Yep it happens from time to time... and we will see people using it to prove there is no global warming.

And when you tell people that snow is a part of global warmung, they lose their minds

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

DonFerrari said:

And when you tell people that snow is a part of global warmung, they lose their minds

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Lots of people knows Brazil as a tropical country with hot temperatures, but we just got hit with a intense winter. And in some parts of the country, it's snowing.

The video above is from Rio Grande do Sul, the southernmost state in Brazil. Today the TV news are talking about cold temperatures and possibility of more snow and frozen rains.

Unfortunately, they discarded the odds of snowing in Sao Paulo, my state. Too bad, I really want to see the snow. It's going to be very cold, though.

Hardly surprising. Florianopolis has mountains that get covered in snow almost yearly. 

Epic was right all along... 

mZuzek said:

A couple weeks ago I was considering bringing a fan to my room because of how hot it was, it's pretty ridiculous that I even thought about that in what should theoretically be the coldest time of the year.

And, here we are again. 30°C this weekend. Not exactly snowing.

Great winter...

Around the Network

Six weeks later...

Brazil is burning.