By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devs Talk about the Dual Sense Controller

Leynos said:
Intrinsic said:

And NO one asked for the analog stick on the N64. 

Are you sure about that? Analog was wanted for a while. Vectrex 1982 and XE-1 AP in 1989 dual analog for Genesis. There are more examples. Analog always made sense.

Two consoles I have never heard of until today.

The point is (and I don't know why you are being stubborn about it) is that these features or things shouldn't be written off until we at the very least see first-hand how they are used and implemented. Till that time, all we can do is consider the potential and possibilities.

I can see ways they can add more to the games we play, and additions that ould become indispensable or gamers. That would actually make certain things better, in the same way, analog sticks make controlling a character in a 3D space better. And that's what has me excited. 

And I am not some dweeb that just thins everything new is better. I hated Sixaxis (added unnecessary complexity and was never a reassuring input method) and hated the touchpad (feel the latter is completely pointless and in most cases acts as nothing but a really big extra button). But I am very excited for what haptic feedback and adaptive triggers could mean.

Just the thought of being able to keep my revs exactly where I need it to be in GT7 as opposed to the "tap shuffle" (if you know you know) I had to do before is enough to make it worth it for me. Or to be able to apply just the right amount o brakes when entering a corner as opposed to the on and off braking you had to do before...

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Leynos said:

Are you sure about that? Analog was wanted for a while. Vectrex 1982 and XE-1 AP in 1989 dual analog for Genesis. There are more examples. Analog always made sense.

Stopped reading there. You got to be kidding. You never heard of Vectrex or a SEGA Genesis. So you basically know nothing about gaming and trying to throw your argument at people this whole time. Yeah no.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Intrinsic said:

Stopped reading there. You got to be kidding. You never heard of Vectrex or a SEGA Genesis. So you basically know nothing about gaming and trying to throw your argument at people this whole time. Yeah no.

Vectrex.. no never. Had a sega genesis. My first gaming system was actually an amstrad.

But lets even assume that I know nothing about those two platforms... what has that got to do with the argument I am making? You are turning this into something that it needn't be. 

Can you please tell me, what knowledge of the Vectrex or a third party controller that I never heard about for the genesis has got to do with talking about controller features in a next gen console releasing in 2020.

I am really trying hard to keep this discourse respectable but you seem to be going outta your way to make it difficult.

But here.. I have owned the Amstrad, Genesis, NES, SNES, Phillips CDi, 3DO, N64, Gameboy Color, PS1, PS2, XB og, PS3, PS4 and NS. Over 30 years of gaming.

Is that pedigree enough to meet your standards sir?

Or are you one of those people that avoid having constructive debates by ignoring points made and instead focusing on trying to attack the speaker personally? 

FragileSurface said:
DonFerrari said:

Then perhaps not enter a thread about it.

I'm happy to enter a thread about it. 

I'm just filing this one under 'things nobody asked for'  like kinect and the wii u pad.  I doubt many people will use this potentially battery draining feature regardless of how long the new battery supposedly lasts.

you don't care about the control but care about thethread? ok. I know i'll use it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

FragileSurface said:
DonFerrari said:

Then perhaps not enter a thread about it.

I'm happy to enter a thread about it. 

I'm just filing this one under 'things nobody asked for'  like kinect and the wii u pad.  I doubt many people will use this potentially battery draining feature regardless of how long the new battery supposedly lasts.

less on-screen clutter is exactly what I always asked for and it sounds like the DSe's capabilities might help reducing visual cues for non-visual things