By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on Darksiders

I am currently playing through Darksiders Genesis for Switch and am just loving it. Despite the isometric view, it feels and plays just like the other Darksiders games (well, I cannot comment on 3, have not played that). 

I have been thinking about double dipping on 1 and 2 for the Switch. I never finished 1 on Wii U because it kept crashing and freezing my system, had to unplug it... At least with Switch when a game crashes, it just boots out to the home screen. 

The series has some really awesome stories, I love the 3 Horsemen that I've gotten to know (again, don't know Fury yet). They are all so different and seeing 2 of them (War and Strife) actually interact with each other just works so well. 

I love this series. If each of them were a little more polished the series would actually rival some of my favourites. I have just run into to many framerate issues, game crashes, crazy long loading times... Maybe it is just the Nintendo ports that run poorly. It has everything else going for it though. Addicting gameplay, awesome characters and setting... The music... So epic.

Any fans of Darksiders here? How do the games run on other platforms?

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

I think Darksiders needs to find its own identity.

It tries too hard to be like other games, and often comes across as bland versions of other top tier titles, without the polish crafted needed to be up there.

I love the Lore itself, but the gameplay needs something more...

One of my fave series. Every game is a tribute. First is basically Zelda. Second is more open-world Zelda but with loot thrown in and Jesper Kyd's music combined with Michael Wincott as Death (the bad guy in the Crow) and I am a fan of Liam O' Brian as War. DSIII is hit and miss with me since I do not like Souls gameplay and tho DSIII is Souls lite. Eh. Genesis is a fun Diablo-like and I really enjoyed that one. DS1 is my fave tho. Mark Hammil as Watcher and the more isolated world of a ruined Earth. The ending of Darksiders 1 I won't spoil but is one of the best in any game ever. Sadly they have not paid it off yet. The only game I know of you helps destroy the world then later try to save it after it was ruined. DSII is fun but some areas like the Furnace suck ass and later areas feel rushed. because they were as THQ was running out of money and time. The SOTC fight is fun with epic music.

Darksiders II is one of the few western games that has melee combat almost as good as a good Japanese melee combat system.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

DS3 is one of the few games i bought dlc for, i love the fluidity of the combat.
Gotta say ds1 didnt age well which made me not play 2

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Mospeada21CA said:
I think Darksiders needs to find its own identity.

It tries too hard to be like other games, and often comes across as bland versions of other top tier titles, without the polish crafted needed to be up there.

I love the Lore itself, but the gameplay needs something more...

Pretty much this. While I loved the first game, the rest of the series left me uninterested to say the least. I got 3 on PS+ yet I couldn't even get myself to play it after I saw those horrible trailers and mediocre reviews.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Darksiders is ok and Darksiders II is great until the final boss which is one of the worst and most disappointing final bosses ever. Haven't played III or Genesis though...

Liked both I and II, was indifferent about III.

I loved Darksiders 2.  One of my favorite games.  It felt like a glorious meld of Zelda and God of War, perhaps?  I got Warmastered for Wii U, but never started playing it.  Ive been planning on picking it up for Switch.

Got the first for the Wii U and...it looked pretty bad. It was probably a good game but I never made it to the good part. Like Kirby, that stopped me from playing the second. I recently started playing DS3 thanks to Game Pass but, until this thread, I forgot that I was playing it! It was decent.

I guess this is just a series that I'll never get into.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 22 November 2020

Kinda lost interest after the second one. It was fine, but the bugs were just too much for me. And I hear the third one is not much better. Genesis looks ok. I might check it out at some point.