By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sequels to dead MS IPs you wish to see on SX

Brute Force would work well. Goofy TPS with different varied characters. I'd sign up.

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
Sudeki
Brute Force
Alan wake

Sudeki is an interesting choice. That was that era when many western games tried to look anime but the characters ended up looking weird. Never played Sudeki but I remember it on a technical level looking pretty good.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Scalebound
A game where you're buddy-buddy with a massive dragon and just fly and wreck havoc together sounds like a dream to me.
Platinum wants a second go, so just go ahead MS :)

Edit: Woops didn't read the sequel part. I'd pick Alan Wake but it's not technically a MS IP. I guess Quantum Break then, but without the TV show parts.

Last edited by hiccupthehuman - on 18 August 2020

it's holiday 2020. you invite your homies over to your house after a long week despite covid still being out and about. after all, you never listened to the rules. you've just acquired a brand new Xbox Series X™, you don't know how much you paid for it. one of your homies then notices your Xbox Series X™ and a very specific game loaded up on your 50 inch OLED TV. they begin to wonder if you're compensating for something. 

"IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?", he yells loudly.

you slowly nod in approval while looking them in the eyes.

on the TV screen behind your Xbox Series X™ sitting there is..... F U Z I O N. F U C K I N G. F R E N Z Y.

you and your homies immediately dogpile onto the couch, controllers in hand, and spend the night away getting pissed off at each other and having fun as you play ALL 120(!!!!) NEW MINIGAMES to go along with the fact that the game runs at 120FPS. the game is a graphical SHOWCASE, blurring the lines between what looks like reality and game. the time is now 4 AM, you have spent hours playing and are beginning to wonder whether you are still in the real world. there are only 2 of you still awake.

"how much did this game cost you?", he asks.

you then silently whisper into his ear 

~ i got it for free on gamepass ~ 

then kiss his cheek. they then instantly evaporate into a puddle on the floor. you'll clean them up later. 

make it happen, phil 

Since we got Fable, I think other good candidates could be:

- Blue Dragon
- Blinx
- Lost Odyssey
- Perfect Dark (most likely in development already)

I'm surprised MS hasn't done remakes for some of their older IP's. A few of them, if done right, could be new pillars for the Xbox brand.

Around the Network

> Brute Force :)

And not dead, but I really hope they are going to produce a sequel : ReCore

Perfect Dark, Banjo, and Killer Instinct would do it for me

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Killer instinct
- though I’m satisfied with the current one. It will be enough for me for another decade before I NEED another one.

Wizards and Warriors
- I don’t see how they could get this right. It’s hard to keep what worked in the original and translate it to current gaming.

Bloodwake
- I’m not sure who owns this but it was only on Xbox. I’d love some more proper boat combat.

Brute Force
- the only problem the game had was dumb AI and repetitive enemies due to ram limits. The game mechanic of positioning your four characters (stealth, two big guns, and a sniper) before initiating the attack was very rewarding. Choosing who of the four to control and switching between them during the fight was AWESOME. The colors and level design was truly great imo. At least give it a remaster and add more enemy types to each level. That’d be great.

Just Perfect Dark and Lost Odyssey.

A sequel to Banjo Kazooie... Nuts and Bolts... Come at me.