By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Indie World Nintendo Direct announced. August 18th

Excited for the Indie World direct?

Yes! 19 44.19%

No! 11 25.58%

Maybe so 13 30.23%

Total:43
Leynos said:
PAOerfulone said:
Imagine being an Indie developer on the Nintendo Switch.

You’ve poured countless sleepless nights into development, likely with an underpaid team, and Nintendo promotes your work just to get massively disliked because it’s not Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Breath of the Wild 2, or a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter

Imagine.

Imagine announcing games years too early then saying/showing nothng years later..

Imagine being so entitled and spoiled that you show no regard for the current situation right now and think the world should revolve around you. There are bigger things to worry about than “when is ‘X’ video game coming out or when is a trailer for ‘Y’ video game coming?”

Or being so fixated on certain titles that you ignore the hundreds upon hundreds of other titles that are just as good and worthy of time.

You think you’re the only one hurting for announcements and updates for these games? I’m hurting for them just as much as you are. But screaming, crying, and bitching about it is not going to make those titles come any faster. They’ll come when they’re freaking ready. Deal with it.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 17 August 2020

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
PAOerfulone said:
Imagine being an Indie developer on the Nintendo Switch.

You’ve poured countless sleepless nights into development, likely with an underpaid team, and Nintendo promotes your work just to get massively disliked because it’s not Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Breath of the Wild 2, or a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter

Imagine.

What?

Do you follow indie sales on Switch? 

Do you follow Nintendo’s Twitter account?

Nightdive Studios - please announce Powerslave.

Let's keep this thread about what the presentation actually is, and what your expectations/reactions. There are plenty of other topics discussing Nintendo's overall software outlook, so if that's what you'd like to discuss, post in one of those.

Slightly off topic, but remember the days when everyone made fun of Nintendo skipping gaming conferences and opting for tightly controlled digital directs? Looks like they won the argument eventually and everyone copied them. No one is giving them enough credit for it (unsurprisingly).

Another area where Nintendo is leading the way is ARM adoption. I don't know how long until SONY/MS follow suit though.

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 17 August 2020

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Fall Guys would be a nice announcement.

Too early. Sony must have paid for timed exclusive for at least 6 months. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

CaptainExplosion said:
xMetroid said:

I mean, before the indie announcement sure, but we now it is pretty sure. Do as you want.

Very well then, I shall do as I want, including mentioning how this is tragically relevant to the situation.

What did you idiots expect when they said independent games showcase?!! *grabs minigun and shoots at everything in frustration*

Lmaooo right tho. I do am tempering my expectations for the general one, but i am certain it is happening.

There are a lot of nice indie games coming so this one tomorrow should be nice as well.

Decided to look back at the old Indie Directs to see how important they end up being to me personally.  What I've found is that there is always at least one game that I either have played or I will most likely play in the future.  However, there is never more than 2 games that fit this description.  I also found it interesting that some of the games that I thought were in an indie direct, like Wargroove, were actually never in one.

In the end it seems like they have a so-so importance.  I will probably find one game in there that I will eventually play.  However they seem to miss 1/4 to 1/2 of the indie games that I end up playing.  Probably what was even more useful was the "best sellers of 2019" video which came out at the end of last year.  That does a good job of pointing out the indie games that you really need to consider.

I'll take it. Nintendo has bought themselves another week-ish.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Hades and Raji

i liked so far