By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Indie World Nintendo Direct announced. August 18th

Excited for the Indie World direct?

Yes! 19 44.19%

No! 11 25.58%

Maybe so 13 30.23%

Total:43
xMetroid said:
Dulfite said:
Jeff Grub was right again apparently with this, along with like a half dozen other predictions earlier this year, and he's also predicting a general direct next week. HYPEEEEEEE

Don't take this as a negative guys, it makes Jeff's prediction of a general direct next week seem more accurate because yet another of his rumors became reality.

General direct is on the 28th. 

Really? Got a source for that?

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
xMetroid said:

General direct is on the 28th. 

Really? Got a source for that?

Yes, resetera. They got the partner direct right(exact date and type of announcement at midnight before), except they didn't know what type of direct if it was a mini or something. 

They said earlier in the month lightning would strike twice, learning later it was 2 presentations of kind in August. And that there was 2 stops before the main event. Being the Pikmin 3 twitter drop and Indie direct. Last week they said indie this week and teased HARDLY for the 28th with heavily emplying it's a general this time. 

I don't show link cause they don't want to anymore, it's safer that way. You can go see by yourself on the Nintendo direct thread or just believe me.

Apparently it is a promising direct from what the main insider knows. Doesn't know everything.

It is confirmed at this point.. their track record is too on point and they are sure of it.

CaptainExplosion said:
xMetroid said:
It is confirmed at this point.. their track record is too on point and they are sure of it.

Everyone's wrong at least once. Still not getting my hopes up.

I mean, before the indie announcement sure, but we now it is pretty sure. Do as you want.

kenjab said:
A Hollow Knight: Silksong release date would be wonderful

If they give us that, anything else would be a plus. That is all I want from this direct.

Around the Network

I'd call Fall guys a solid guess: they've said they want to bring it to more platforms, Devolver seems to like the Switch enough, and it would be a major release candidate. Heck given the costume boom I'd be willing to make a guess to expect Nintendo themed costumed a la the way Rocket League had a few Mario cars and the Samus car.

...Just like Rocket League that would lead to people not getting why those would stay on one platform and be fine while an exclusive Spiderman in a multi-plat is more problematic.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

well rumors were that something smaller would come before the big direct so I'm mot surprised about this. Actually looking forward to it

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Yawn.

The rumor about a general Direct is more interesting though.

Only thing I really want from here is Hollow Knight Silksong and the Touhou Luna Nights port that was supposed to happen ages ago

I quite enjoy the Nindie Directs so this great news for me.