By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 1 to 8 - Switch Continues Dominance

These are like xmas numbers...

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
So... how long until the PS4 loses its 50% marketshare on the front page lol, currently at 50.4% Also what's happened with the Switch to increase so much?! :o

Holidays in Japan.

Yep, pre-obon this week.

Expect next week to go even higher.

Marth said:
curl-6 said:

Holidays in Japan.

This is actually the pre-holiday week. Nintendo just finally managed to ship a lot of consoles.

My mistake.

It's almost scary to think what Obon week's numbers will be then.

curl-6 said:
Marth said:

This is actually the pre-holiday week. Nintendo just finally managed to ship a lot of consoles.

My mistake.

It's almost scary to think what Obon week's numbers will be then.

Whatever Nintendo can ship will sell.

Around the Network

Nope like the Xmas numbers Nintendo Switch often sells 352,000 units in Japan during Christmas

When a mere Pac Man cannot really illustrate the state of things anymore, we need to find a new image.

This is the mass of the Sun compared to the masses of every other body of mass in the Solar System. Those smaller than Saturn so tiny that they aren't even visible on this scale anymore. The mass of the Sun of course representing the sales of the Switch in Japan.

What a total DOMINATION from the Switch! Those Japan sales are just out of this world. The PS4 cant even compete over there lol

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'll keep saying it. Nintendo can sell 30mil switches if it can produce as many

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

36 mil is the max i see happening this year otherwise nintendo would have said they are producing 3 million units a month

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.