By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 4 new characters announced for Street Fighter V

Nice Akira is coming! Man I miss Rival Schools, such an awesome fighting game back then.

Wonder when Capcom will release SF6.

Around the Network

Woo, love Rival Schools. Also surprised it took so long to add Dan. So they are still adding characters even after releasing Championship Edition? I guess there will be another ultimate release eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

does this mean we will have a new rival school game coming soon!? :) i always loved that game...

SFV: Ultimate Champion Prednisone confirmed :)

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:
Nice Akira is coming! Man I miss Rival Schools, such an awesome fighting game back then.

Wonder when Capcom will release SF6.

Iirc there was a sign pointing to it happening in early 2021, because Capcom announced that the winner of Capcom Cup 2020 won't automatically qualify for it 2021. The last time this happened was in the transition year from SF4 to SF5, where Kazunoko won Capcom Cup for SF4, but next year they no longer had SF4 on the Pro Tour (which starts early in the year), only SF5. And his win in SF4 didn't qualify him for a SF5 finals for obvious reasons.

But looking at their roadmap for SFV, it's hard to imagine they would launch SF6 during all of this.
So maybe they'll rescind that previous announcement about the winner of 2020 not qualifying for 2021 (If there even will be a Capcom Cup this year in any capacity) and if they had plans for SF6 in early 2021, instead push that to next year.

Agreed, I would think it'd be better to push SF6 to at least 2022.  Seems like they're not quite done with SF5 anyways.

Oro being in this makes me want to actually get the game. Just a question of whether I want to buy a PS+ subscription since I don't really play any other multiplayer games on PS4.

Around the Network

Meanwhile, Makoto is crying in a corner.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Rival Schools character? When is the Star Gladiator character coming?

Hmm, pie.

Awesome to finally see some Rival Schools representation in SF! It's been long overdue.

My guess is C. Viper is the last DLC character.

So more like returning chars instead of new ones =p
And will Capcom say they don`t have money for SF6 and then Sony will pay for another gen of exclusivity?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They started to put “serious” effort since season 3. I always liked the game since it started but now is getting better and better.