By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima sold through 2.4m in its first three days. Lifetime sales expectations (PS4 only)?

Ghost of Tsushima sold through 2.4m in its first three days. Lifetime sales expectations (PS4 only)?

Less than 4 million 51 5.27%

4.0 - 4.9 million 49 5.06%

5.0 - 5.9 million 95 9.81%

6.0 - 6.9 million 96 9.92%

7.0 - 7.9 million 110 11.36%

8.0 - 8.9 million 141 14.57%

9.0 - 9.9 million 72 7.44%

10.0 - 10.9 million 187 19.32%

11.0 - 12.0 million 44 4.55%

More than 12 million 123 12.71%

Total:968
HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

Still waiting on you to say what are you talking about.

I say exactly what i think.

That you spout whatever non-sense you want I know, but still have no idea of the purpose of what you said.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I'd say 8-9 million is possible

HoangNhatAnh said:

Relax, since he said GoT should have been sold 20 mil which is basically Nintendo level, i'm just curious if Nin games sell 40 mil or even more, will he think Sony games should sell like that too for fairness? 

I still don't understand the point or relevance with regard to this thread.

What is Nintendo level, and what has fairness got to do with anything?

If Nintendo games sell 20M or 40M that's great for them. If hey sell 5M or 10M that's great too. How is it relevant to a thread talking about how a non-Nintendo game will or should sell?

What you are doing is derailing the thread, and how you are going about it is making you come across as a fanboy. Not that there is anything wrong with that (we like what we like), but you are being the bad kinda fanboy. Cause I am sure not a single person here mentioned Nintendo anything before you started with it.

Unless of course, someone saying that a game should or could sell as much as 20M reads to you as NINTENDO. 

I am sure I have been on these forums for over 5 years, and I probably have never posted in a Nintendo/xbox centric thread in all that time. The only times I mention them are in threads where there is a direct comparison between one or the other and usually in relation to the Playstation. Point is, like most here I have my preferences (and usually anyone that claims they don't are lying), but I don't go around being an ass about it in places or areas where it's not warranted. That's the difference between being a good fanboy and a bad unhealthy one.

So please, stop derailing the thread. You are making an argument or case that no one has brought up or is interested in in this thread.

Without a huge price's drop and/or PS5 remaster (lol), 100% TloU2 can't pass the 8M's gap.

Coolback said:

Without a huge price's drop and/or PS5 remaster (lol), 100% TloU2 can't pass the 8M's gap.

Well cool that you think this, because it probably is near that already.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Coolback said:

https://gamstat.com/games/The_Last_of_Us_Part_II/

With account's sharing and occasions.

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I say exactly what i think.

That you spout whatever non-sense you want I know, but still have no idea of the purpose of what you said.

Intrinsic said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Relax, since he said GoT should have been sold 20 mil which is basically Nintendo level, i'm just curious if Nin games sell 40 mil or even more, will he think Sony games should sell like that too for fairness? 

I still don't understand the point or relevance with regard to this thread.

What is Nintendo level, and what has fairness got to do with anything?

If Nintendo games sell 20M or 40M that's great for them. If hey sell 5M or 10M that's great too. How is it relevant to a thread talking about how a non-Nintendo game will or should sell?

What you are doing is derailing the thread, and how you are going about it is making you come across as a fanboy. Not that there is anything wrong with that (we like what we like), but you are being the bad kinda fanboy. Cause I am sure not a single person here mentioned Nintendo anything before you started with it.

Unless of course, someone saying that a game should or could sell as much as 20M reads to you as NINTENDO. 

I am sure I have been on these forums for over 5 years, and I probably have never posted in a Nintendo/xbox centric thread in all that time. The only times I mention them are in threads where there is a direct comparison between one or the other and usually in relation to the Playstation. Point is, like most here I have my preferences (and usually anyone that claims they don't are lying), but I don't go around being an ass about it in places or areas where it's not warranted. That's the difference between being a good fanboy and a bad unhealthy one.

So please, stop derailing the thread. You are making an argument or case that no one has brought up or is interested in in this thread.

Selling 20mil mean entering Nintendo level, just like when someone said Nintendo games could only be deserve to be GOTY if they spent the same money as Sony. Spending much more money but sometimes worse reception and almost always worse sales, should i say, is this jealousy?

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 09 August 2020

HoangNhatAnh said:

Selling 20mil mean entering Nintendo level, just like when someone said Nintendo games could only be deserve to be GOTY if they spent the same money as Sony. Spending much more money but sometimes worse reception and almost always worse sales, should i say, is this jealousy?

WTF?

Ok... you win.

Coolback said:
DonFerrari said:

Ok... so in under two months a game has at least sold over 5Munits. And you believe it will never pass 8M total units sold?

You would do well to not allow your biases cloud your judgment. 

When TLOU2 makes the announcement of its 10M sale around this time next year, I hope you would be able to come back here and say you were wrong.

And I don't even get some people...what does "huge price drop" mean? All PS games gets a price drop, thas actually a good thing, yet you make it sound like a bad thing. And you really think sony would make a "PS5" version of a game that you and play on the PS5 by default? At best they just release a free patch for it, as a way to spur sales of the game again. I expect them to do that for a lot of their first-party titles.

Intrinsic said:
Coolback said:

Ok... so in under two months a game has at least sold over 5Munits. And you believe it will never pass 8M total units sold?

You would do well to not allow your biases cloud your judgment. 

When TLOU2 makes the announcement of its 10M sale around this time next year, I hope you would be able to come back here and say you were wrong.

And I don't even get some people...what does "huge price drop" mean? All PS games gets a price drop, thas actually a good thing, yet you make it sound like a bad thing. And you really think sony would make a "PS5" version of a game that you and play on the PS5 by default? At best they just release a free patch for it, as a way to spur sales of the game again. I expect them to do that for a lot of their first-party titles.

And of a game that they are claiming isn't selling well.

Sell over 4M in 3 days, but won't ever pass 8M.

Also not sure how precise that website is since it was 3.3M player count by the time it would have sold over 4M per Sony info.

Ghost of Tsushima similar, Sold 2.4M on the first 3 days but there it is at 1M.