By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo dominates handheld and hybrid industry, Sony dominates home consoles

4 of the 5 best-selling portable consoles are from Nintendo including 1 from Sony and I think that soon it will be a 5/5 from Nintendo with the Nintendo Switch a hit, 4 of the 5 best-selling home consoles are from Sony including one from Nintendo

Around the Network

Ok. What should we discuss now?

Your welcome , always here to help

Hybrid industry?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

But neither have Ranger X so they both lose.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Hybrid industry?

I was about to ask the same thing...

Vodacixi said:
Nautilus said:
Hybrid industry?

I was about to ask the same thing...

Industry of hybrid devices. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

mZuzek said:
Nautilus said:
Hybrid industry?

The industry for consoles that can function both as home consoles and also portable ones. Nintendo does seem to be pretty dominant in that market I'd say

I don't know... the Switch sales aren't that impressive. Plus, I think they are about to fall off a cliff....

Honestly, I think it's silly that the Switch dominates the "hybrid industry". Sure it's a hybrid, but it's still a console, that competes with the PS4 and X One, aand yes phones too.I don't know, it just feels wrong.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The Nintendo Switch reached the milestone for the week ending July 18, 2020. The console sold 379,560 units to bring its lifetime sales to 60,025,435 units.

It has taken the Nintendo Switch 41 months to sell 60 million units worldwide. Comparing this rival consoles, it took the PlayStation 4 a total of 44 months to reach the milestone, while the Xbox One has yet to sell 50 million units worldwide. It did take the PlayStation 3 62 months and the Xbox 360 74 months.

I'll never understand why fanboys/girls love so much to circlejerking about their favorite game/movie/singer/whatever sucess