By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Phil Spencer a hypocrite?

SanAndreasX said:
No, he isn't a hypocrite, he's a salesman. His job is to paint as rosy a picture of the Xbox line as he can, just like Sony and Nintendo have equivalent salespeople.. A lot of the decisions on Xbox are probably made by people in higher pay grades, including Satya Nadella.

No, they aren't greedy elite billionaires, they're CEO's.. just doing their jobs...

At the top of the list of questions for a sales position asked during an interview is, 'are you a hypocrite'? If you don't have that 'quality', then they don't want anything to do with you. The bigger a hypocrite, the better the chances of climbing the mega corp ladder.

It's not like Phil is the only one like that in the industry as a whole, he's just one of the most desperate and therefore quite evident as of more recent years past.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Is he a businessman? Absolutely. Does that mean he lies or exaggerates at times? Of course. Does he have the best business model Xbox has had in ages? Definitely.

So were told, now if he'd man up and show the numbers, yes he told us generalities like game pass is costing xbox money and the costs have increased  but it's sustainable, but we no longer have much in the way of being able to see exactly how they are faring in comparison to the competition and the industry in general, i will remain sceptical of anything he says until the day comes when they pull the division out from hiding under MS's skirts, till that happens I will assume that they see it as a division that's no longer performing up to MS standards and that it is no longer seen to hold value in and of itself like the 360 brand and internally they do not see it coming back to that level, leaving its main value revolving around how well they can shape it for the benefit of the PC side of the business. 

Last edited by mjk45 - on 27 July 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

He reads a script given from above. You will never see an accurate picture of himself until outside of work.

I don't like paying money to stop others from having an experience.

So here's 22 console launch exclusives.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Well if you look at what someone said with the pre-made idea that he is an hypocrite you'll find hypocrisy in everything.
1) You seriously need to provide actual citation. Only thing I could find was about launch window exclusive to the newer hardware and not about exclusives to Microsoft ecosystem.

2) Better explanation have been put forward that explain the apparent lack of visual quality of the demo.

3)They didn't push that narrative during the last event thought so to summarize Microsoft events and PR as "all what Microsoft is talking about is the most powerful console" is an over exaggeration. Of course they still talk about it, but it as more to do with the fact that lack of power was serve as an argument against them during the last generation so they want to be certain that narrative is dead. Won't you do the same if you were him?

4) I know it might be hard to understand but when Phil talk about Xbox gamers he is actually talking about Xbox gamers not non Xbox gamer. Even if he were end the life of every variants of Xbox one by the time the new generation start he is still not forcing current Xbox gamer to upgrade. Also funny how you cite the end of the Xbox S digital as forcing Xbox gamers to upgrade when it actually fit your definition of 7 years old hardware no one wants to play on.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 27 July 2020