By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware July 12 to 18 - Ghost of Tsushima and Paper Mario Launch

YanisFromFrance said:

The Nintendo Switch will outsell the PS4

C'mon now don't start. Let's just celebrate the phenomenal sales of the Switch. We have enough threads about who will sell better than who between them.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Congrats Switch for 60M! This thing is flying.

Yooooooo 60 mill. Another milestone. Just a few months and it will officially pass the NES. And then the holiday season will brings us veeeery close to 3DS.

As I expected, Ghost of Tsushima didn't move much hardware.
Once a system's been out for over 6 years most people who want one have already jumped aboard so games have less system selling power.

Yay 60million! One of the biggest comeback after a failed console!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Switch sales in Japan this week are sky high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Do you think this Covid-19 Lockdown is still increasing sales through out the summer worldwide? cause it seems like worldwide like Europe and Japan it isn't as bad anymore. Maybe AC or the peak of the Covid-19 lockdown led to a permanent increase in Switch sales this year through word-of-mouth

javi741 said:
Do you think this Covid-19 Lockdown is still increasing sales through out the summer worldwide? cause it seems like worldwide like Europe and Japan it isn't as bad anymore. Maybe AC or the peak of the Covid-19 lockdown led to a permanent increase in Switch sales this year through word-of-mouth

Likely and a 2nd wave will help that fact aswell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

javi741 said:

Yea i think by now it's more word of mouth. There isn't lockdown anymore in most parts of the world where the Switch is doing insanely well. Here in Canada pretty much everything is open but i haven't seen 1 og Switch on amazon yet and it is getting restock constantly but in minutes it's gone.

So i feel like Covid + AC gave it some big buzz and created a lot of demand that is still not met to this day even with a bigger production rate.

javi741 said:

I think there is some pent up demand still due to shortages (especially in Japan).  Animal Crossing is a legit phenomenon.  People still want to play Animal Crossing, but they are unable due to hardware shortages.  RFA also seems to be selling well worldwide.