By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Persona 5 Royal Sales Top 1.4 Million, Persona Series Tops 13 Millions

Good Summer-News: The PS4-JRPG Persona 5 Royal sold over 1.4 million copies in the first months, say Atlus :)

The Persona series has now sold 13 million units worldwide.

What do you particularly like about the Persona 5-Royal game ? And which is your favorite character ?? @all

Around the Network

By the way: P5 Royal is a Fanservice-Version for Fans of P5, it's not from the complete original team/inventor :)
The original Persona 3/4/5-inventor is working with his team on another RPG for PS4, currently. There is so much new content to the gameplay and story (but its not important for the fantastic original story) - it's more than a dlc in my opinion ;)
My favorite characters are Ruyji, Akechi, Makoto and Ann : D Its hard to say, which is the best ^^

The article also says that the original P5 shipped 3.2m as of Dec 2019.  That puts total sales for both versions of P5 at over 4.6m.  

I looked up DQ 11 and it has shipped over 5.5m copies worldwide as of Dec 2019.  That's still more than Persona 5, but I'm impressed at any JRPG that can come close.  For a long time Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest were considered the 2 big ones, but now Persona is turning into a close third.

Amazing numbers, especially considering it's a re-release.

It is good to see Persona doing well worldwide, though I have the distinct feeling we're going to have many years of P5 milking ahead. Another version for the PS5 seems inevitable, BC be damned.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The article also says that the original P5 shipped 3.2m as of Dec 2019.  That puts total sales for both versions of P5 at over 4.6m.  

I looked up DQ 11 and it has shipped over 5.5m copies worldwide as of Dec 2019.  That's still more than Persona 5, but I'm impressed at any JRPG that can come close.  For a long time Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest were considered the 2 big ones, but now Persona is turning into a close third.

It's a bit unfair to look at P5's numbers like that considering most of the people who got Royal are likely double-dipping.

Perhaps.  I suspect there is a fair amount of double-dipping on DQ11 too though.

Ryuji is always funny Morgana and Ruyji together.. oh man, soooo good ^^

And great to hear! @Atlus

Well deserved. And great for a rerelease. Hopefully it can break 2m mark

That's impressive. I hope Persona 5 (even the standard version) is a PS Plus game at some point. That probably wouldn't happen until at least 2021 or 2022. They also really need to put Persona 5 on Switch. Besides a 3DS spin-off, Persona is absent from Nintendo hardware. Pretty ridiculous to put Joker in your first Smash Fighter's Pass when his game isn't even playable on Switch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I don’t why, but I was expecting a little more than that.