By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Symmetrical or asymmetrical analogue sticks?

I prefer...

Symmetrical 46 45.54%

Asymmetrical 55 54.46%

Total:101
DPsx7 said:
Splitfish looked iffy when I wanted a mouse controller which is why I chose one called Aimon. It's more a wand than that, I dunno 'steak' shaped thing. For those who want a controller that their console doesn't support check out the Cronusmax. It's the only way I was able to continue using my mouse on PS4. They claim you can use pretty much any controllr on any system. One of these days I'll see if my old PS2 wheel still works.

To be clear, I meant the Splitfish stuff more as a joke (and a piece of curio) than anything else. As far as I can tell, Splitfish hasn't made anything for five years or so.

I do have a Cronusmax, and it does seem to work seamlessly between the 360 and PS3. I've also used it on the PS4, but every controller has a weird several second disconnect from the PS4 every ten minutes or so. That said, I think I'm probably running an older model or, at least, an older firmware. The Cronus Zen seems to be the current product line, and I have no frame of reference with that.

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
GrahfsLament said:

Cool! Is there one for the right hand as well? A mouse is the worst when sitting on a couch lol.
The one on the left looks perfect, just need a mirrored one with face buttons.

Sorry, SvennoJ: I posted those mostly as a joke. I don't think this company still makes stuff :/

DPsx7 said:
GrahfsLament said:

K. Their stuff was shaped weird.

They fixed that. Had to connect my spare DS4 and my Aimon to a USB hub which then goes to the PS4.

https://cronusmax.com/manual/wired_controllers_connecting_to_ps4.htm#

The Zen is the newest and it supports the Switch, among other additional features. May consider getting it so I don't have to use the offset sticks on Switch.

At the bolded, Agreed! I might be a little biased, though. I'm actually with Curl in that I don't really like mice as a gaming input. The only exception for me is when I'm playing an RTS. Otherwise, I definitely use standalone controller mapping software or Steam's utilities to force every one of my PC games to work with a controller (if they don't support one natively).

Also, looking at the link, I do remember now reading (years ago when I first got the Cronusmax) that the PS4's controller authentication was the cause. Figured it was probably surmountable but clearly never got around to checking and, apparently, forgot the cause altogether by the time I made my post! It's honestly been a few years since I've had an occasion to break out the adapter, but it's still awesome to know that there's a workaround (which I could have just missed at the time as well). At any rate, I'll probably use the adapter again sometime in the near future: need to see if there's any way to get my PS2 Ace Combat 5 flight stick to work on the 360 for Ace Combat 6.

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall

Asymmetrical.

Exactly because my hands are symmetrical. What?

Yeah, because my hands are symmetrical I want my controller to be asymmetrical because I want both my thumbs in their natural position to be on the same horizontal plain; my left one on a stick and my right one on the facebuttons. I don’t get how you can say you want a symmetrical controller because your hands are also symmetrical; on a symmetrical controller like PlayStation’s, I’ll have my right thumb in the natural position over the facebuttons, yet I have to twist my left thumb downward to reach the stick. Which is uncomfortable, unnatural and actually puts your hand in an asymmetrical position. The other way around, like on WiiU, is equally uncomfortable. Naturally my thumbs are in a more upward pointing position, so I want the inputs I use the most to be in a more upward placed position; the stick in the above left, the facebuttons in the above right. Simple really.