By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Now stop with rumors please.

Again, like 99% of the time, everyone has failed with this prediction of July 20th for Nintendo Direct...

And it is really almost every time the same pathetic conclusion. EVERY one are wrong with rumors, this is tiring...Only a very few rumors are true when it is really easy to predict, like the Nintendo Switch Light/Lite...Even my father who hates video games could have guessed that one.

NO ONE saw BotW 2 coming...This one was pretty big.

Metroid Trilogy ? loool....eventually one episode every year at 60€...

Those rumors, which are almost all wrong at the end, are only used to attract traffic on youtube in buzzing.

While people only have a memory of 6 months to 2 years max, same people can use this again and again and we are never angry to them.

(sorry for the clumsy english, don't discriminate the french mean guy)

Around the Network

Seems like you bought into the rumors and are now mad they didnt come true...

KLXVER said:
Seems like you bought into the rumors and are now mad they didnt come true...

I can not deny that I was also hoping that a direct on July 20th.

But I have stopped for a while now to even read it, we see hundreds of titles here, on youtube, on google results pages and those titles are enough, I don't click on articles or videos anymore when I see those because I immediately know they won't be true.

I am not angry for that, I am angry because my modest list of 160 sub on my channel was built up from true skill and hard practice, not from...Buzzing rumors..

Last edited by Amnesia - on 19 July 2020

People like rumors. Many find it fun to speculate. If you dont, then dont bother with them. This is not anything new.

Rumors are fun for your imagination but that's it

Especially with Nintendo, they are mostly wrong, still waiting for that Switch Pro :p

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Everything that isn't on a company's PR page is rumour, speculation or free advertising.

Most organisations are pretty careful about what information they divulge. It all forms part of the Sales and Marketing group. Ad-blockers will stop banner ads, but you don't even need to pay all those talentless 'influencers' on YouTube...

Last edited by OneTime - on 19 July 2020

Not that I believe in a full-fledged Direct, but, it’s not the 20th yet.

1) Considering the information the other thread shared about Nate recently, who had a decent track record, and the fact that it's not the 20th, you may have jumped the gun. Could still happen.

2) I've thought this for a while, I don't get why some on this website get annoyed or angry by rumor threads that don't turn out to be entirely accurate. They cause fun hypothetical discussions based around free speech. There is nothing harmful about that. I'd much rather have 99 false threads out of 100 made than for the moderators to start restricting our free speech like this is some communist website. And this leads to my last point:

3) 99%? Really? Come on. If your going to criticize something don't claim it's wrong 99% of the time, that isn't realistic. There are TONS of rumors every year that do end up true, even if just partially. Most are wrong, sure, but not 99% lol.

Edit - Looks like I'm not the only one trying to talk sense into this one 😂

I think you'll want to wait until the 20th has actually come and gone.

Bush league. :) People are crazy. Lady Gaga is Marylin Manson used to be a thing.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."