By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware July 5 to July 11 - Switch Sales Increase to Nearly 350,000 Units

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
PS4 still decreasing, sad.

Well, it's 4 months away from replacement, these are still good numbers under the circumstances.

I know, and still only 100 USD less than launch price while seems like there is shortages worldwide, but it is still sad.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
kirby007 said:

yes AC

Wow we're still seeing huge bumps from it? Didn't think the boost would last so long, lol

theDX said:

It's because of Clubhouse Games obviously

Ah of course, how could I forget?!

I think a lot of the boost is coming from Switch being in short supply in many places.  Whenever new systems get shipped then they all sell out.  True demand for Switch is actually higher than what we are seeing each week.

Bristow9091 said:
kirby007 said:

yes AC

Wow we're still seeing huge bumps from it? Didn't think the boost would last so long, lol

theDX said:

It's because of Clubhouse Games obviously

Ah of course, how could I forget?!

Also, Ring Fit Adventure. That game has crazy legs

It's almost scary to think what Ring Fit's (And Switch's for that matter) sales would look like right now if supply constraints were removed from the equation entirely.

Well the Switch and Ring Fit Adventure got a restock in the UK yesterday and shockingly today there are still nearly 300 consoles left to buy.
Of course it'll be sold out by the end of the day.
On top of that, only one website still has Ring Fit Adventure stock.
This has mostly been the same situation every week, since November 2019 and it should stay the same until October or later.

Around the Network

PS4 is down to 51% market share, I wonder if it will drop below 50% before next gen arrives.

curl-6 said:
PS4 is down to 51% market share, I wonder if it will drop below 50% before next gen arrives.

There was a thread made that PS4 would maintain above 50% market share against XBox One + Switch combined until the end of the generation. I cannot remember the year that thread came out but of course it appeared at a time when PS4 seemed invincible.

NS is unstoppable! Hybrid is the key to sell well in every season.
PS4 good, but suffering as expected in a season when people stays more outside.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

I wouldn't say PS4 is "suffering", I mean it's numbers need to be viewed in context. It is a system on the verge of replacement after more than six years on the market.

curl-6 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

I wouldn't say PS4 is "suffering", I mean it's numbers need to be viewed in context. It is a system on the verge of replacement after more than six years on the market.

Yes, I meant "suffering" in the peculiar context of PS4, selling less than in the past, but also being in one of the periods of the year when home consoles sell less, but that in PS4 case means numbers that most competitors sell in far better periods.
PS4 "suffering" numbers would be welcome by any other recent console except NS.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!