By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 5 US Amazon place holder is live! Who plans to grab one?

I really thought I wanted one at launch but I've decided to hold back too. I'm starting to chip away at my PS4 and Switch backlog. If it takes me a few years to finish my backlog by then any PS5 issues will be resolved, enough PS5 games will be out that I want/cheaper, maybe a price cut/sale on the system, or even a slim model. So it's more of a win if i held back.

Around the Network

No pre-order button yet.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

V-r0cK said:
I really thought I wanted one at launch but I've decided to hold back too. I'm starting to chip away at my PS4 and Switch backlog. If it takes me a few years to finish my backlog by then any PS5 issues will be resolved, enough PS5 games will be out that I want/cheaper, maybe a price cut/sale on the system, or even a slim model. So it's more of a win if i held back.

Same, Demons Souls possibly being a launch title is the only thing that makes me want one, but it is more reasonable to just wait a little bit, i also want the PS5 in an all black or red and black combination. (never been a fan of white since it stands out too much).

I find it interesting that preorders are up with no price yet announced.

I was wondering if it could be a move to prevent scalpers from mass-buying stuff they won't know the cost for.

I'm tempted, but I still want to know the prices and further options ahead.

I’m debating getting any of the next gen consoles. I have bought every console since the ps1 era... but I’m too busy these days and really only have time in the summer... when I could be doing other things... I haven’t ruled it out, but I might be done with gaming... definitely not getting anything at launch...

Around the Network
estebxx said:
V-r0cK said:

Same, Demons Souls possibly being a launch title is the only thing that makes me want one, but it is more reasonable to just wait a little bit, i also want the PS5 in an all black or red and black combination. (never been a fan of white since it stands out too much).

Different colors would definitely be great to see.  Some of those fan renders of the PS5 in black or other versions just makes you want to wait and see if they'll release other console versions soon after.

Demons Souls is a definite must for me.  But since im holding back ill wait til the game is also cheaper/before it becomes Greatest Hits and gets slapped with a red banner and case lol

Nice day 1 preorder for me. Except I'll be going to a store. Something that does midnight release.

I'm in.

Besides I need another PS console for another bedroom.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Not gonna buy the PS5 in the forseable future.
Maybe in 3~4 years, after a price cut.
Plus I have decided for myself to not buy games at launch anymore, so I wouldnt have anything to play on it anyways.

Would look differently, if the PS5 had PS1/PS2/PS3 backwards compatibility

Nintendo Switch:

... announced as a Home Console

... advertised as a Hybrid

... delivered as a Portable

I think I'll wait a little bit after the release date. My PS4 backlog is big and I dont have the neccesity to upgrade to the PS5 (unless backwards compatibility brings new improvements to PS4 games,, besides loading).