By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer Says Xbox Series X Games Aren't Being Held Back By Xbox One

kirby007 said:
^ its trolling i mean open world at 4k@60fps represented by a screenshot lmao

With splitscreen dont forget, and it does have to run on the o.g. Xbox One after all.

Around the Network
Decker said:
kirby007 said:
^ its trolling i mean open world at 4k@60fps represented by a screenshot lmao

With splitscreen dont forget, and it does have to run on the o.g. Xbox One after all.

exactly the point. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Imagine all the pages of trying to defend uncle Phil comments and then Halo infinite demo drops.

eva01beserk said:
Decker said:

exactly the point. 

The question I keep seeing from people is them wondering if the game was made for Xbox One and being ported with enhancements to Series X or if it was made with Series X specs in mind and ported down to the One, I personally always thought the former.

Decker said:
eva01beserk said:

exactly the point. 

The question I keep seeing from people is them wondering if the game was made for Xbox One and being ported with enhancements to Series X or if it was made with Series X specs in mind and ported down to the One, I personally always thought the former.

Well most rational people would say that's obvious. But some fans jumped through so many hoops trying to say it would be the Inverse.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Decker said:

Well most rational people would say that's obvious. But some fans jumped through so many hoops trying to say it would be the Inverse.

Its not even a 4k screenshot dunno what logic is going on here

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Decker said:
eva01beserk said:

exactly the point. 

Games are ported forwards 99% of the time. Old shit always holds stuff back, PC gaming has suffered this shit for decades.

Bandorr said:

For Halo it would have to be the former.  They have been working on it for so long that to be a launch release there just isn't enough time.

Where as Forza is going all next-gen.  Yet there is no release date or gameplay for something that comes out every year.

Last time Forza got split between two studio's. Wonder why they aren't doing that this time..

Yeah thats always been my exact thought, though im sure the slipspace engine was made with the series X in mind

Oh yea true that, I forgot they mentioned that about Forza, as for the two studios we do know playground games the ones who made the forza horizon games is making that new Fable, so with Turn 10 being the only developer now I gotta wonder if they will no longer release Forza yearly since like you said we have no release date for this one.

Random_Matt said:

Games are ported forwards 99% of the time. Old shit always holds stuff back, PC gaming has suffered this shit for decades.

I don't blame people for wondering since if we count this current gen we have had multiple games that we made this gen but ported to last gen like,  Shadow of Mordor, Titan fall, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Black Ops 3. Or even in the case Dying Light where they canceled the last gen version of that game.

After watching the MS show, the only games that seemed remotely impressive weren't crossgen (showed as Xbox Series X and PC, no mention of One on the end), so seems like Phill isn't right and for god's sake Goopy may been wrong and the Xbox One didn't hold crossgen down for XSX, but well none looked great.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."