By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima - Review Thread (MC: 83 / OC: 85)

Tagged games:

Captain_Yuri said:

Not sure if this has been posted but this is pretty amusing considering the hype around SSDs and loading times

Ghost Of Tsushima Devs Slowed Down Load Times So You Could Read The Tips

https://kotaku.com/ghost-of-tsushima-devs-slowed-down-load-times-so-you-co-1844409624

I will probably get this game soon though.

The loading times are unbelievable short on this game

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
A couple hours in now. Loved the title sequence and appreciate how meaty the side quests seem. Nice UI, too.

Does feel like Sucker Punch still isn't a top tier developer yet, especially coming right after the incredible production of TLOU2. The graphics are fine (love that grass), but the animation is definitely lagging outside of combat. Hopefully Sony starts spreading their motion matching tech around like they do their graphics tech. More importantly the game would benefit from a few QOL tweaks; it's annoying how opening the map always breaks my stride and there's no medium between your horse's slow walk and full gallop, for instance.

Still really enjoying the game, though. Looking forward to hopping back in tonight.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Só far i think the review metacritic is fair, this game is far from a masterpiece .

Visuals of the world are some of the best, but sometimes the effects are too Much , There are places where they shove everything in there , butterflies, shit ton of petals , birds , fireflies , wind... Sometimes is too Much, Animations in this after playing the last of US lol, underwhelming, characters talk with zero expression on their faces...

People Said combat is easy só i started on hard, i just die and die lol, might Change to normal maibe i enjoy it a bit more

Agree with both of you. Although the game is truly fun and I find the world fun to explore, the game is not technically perfect and that is a little bit disappointing. Judging by the first trailers, it looked like a true masterpiece in the making.

About the combat. For me it's not easy. I'm not a Souls player. On medium difficulty I died 30 times or more. 10 bears have killed me so far I think.

DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

That happens sometimes, some games have clear flaws but you just love it so much.

You can enjoy it a lot more than that number represents it, but critics should score it accordingly to the flaws it have.

Precisely, and have no problem on accepting a game is a 7/10 while loving and accepting a game is 10/10 while hating it.

Most of times I can even recognize why it got that score even if it completly detached from my enjoyment.

I disagree with the technical vs fun. A very enjoyable game with minor flaws (like for example Witcher 3) can get a 5/5 stars for me. If I were a reviewer I could give this game 5/5 stars with those minor flaws. (I wouldn't right now because I haven't completed it).

On the other hand, technical perfect games in terms of gameplay/graphics/animation/sound can also be boring, repetitive, have writing flaws, convoluted story, not very original systems and mechanics, terrible menus, bad written characters, bad photography, poor directed cut scenes and other things that aren't exactly  linked to software quality.

God bless You.

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:
TallSilhouette said:
A couple hours in now. Loved the title sequence and appreciate how meaty the side quests seem. Nice UI, too.

Does feel like Sucker Punch still isn't a top tier developer yet, especially coming right after the incredible production of TLOU2. The graphics are fine (love that grass), but the animation is definitely lagging outside of combat. Hopefully Sony starts spreading their motion matching tech around like they do their graphics tech. More importantly the game would benefit from a few QOL tweaks; it's annoying how opening the map always breaks my stride and there's no medium between your horse's slow walk and full gallop, for instance.

Still really enjoying the game, though. Looking forward to hopping back in tonight.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Só far i think the review metacritic is fair, this game is far from a masterpiece .

Visuals of the world are some of the best, but sometimes the effects are too Much , There are places where they shove everything in there , butterflies, shit ton of petals , birds , fireflies , wind... Sometimes is too Much, Animations in this after playing the last of US lol, underwhelming, characters talk with zero expression on their faces...

People Said combat is easy só i started on hard, i just die and die lol, might Change to normal maibe i enjoy it a bit more

Agree with both of you. Although the game is truly fun and I find the world fun to explore, the game is not technically perfect and that is a little bit disappointing. Judging by the first trailers, it looked like a true masterpiece in the making.

About the combat. For me it's not easy. I'm not a Souls player. On medium difficulty I died 30 times or more. 10 bears have killed me so far I think.

DonFerrari said:

Precisely, and have no problem on accepting a game is a 7/10 while loving and accepting a game is 10/10 while hating it.

Most of times I can even recognize why it got that score even if it completly detached from my enjoyment.

I disagree with the technical vs fun. A very enjoyable game with minor flaws (like for example Witcher 3) can get a 5/5 stars for me. If I were a reviewer I could give this game 5/5 stars with those minor flaws. (I wouldn't right now because I haven't completed it).

On the other hand, technical perfect games in terms of gameplay/graphics/animation/sound can also be boring, repetitive, have writing flaws, convoluted story, not very original systems and mechanics, terrible menus, bad written characters, bad photography, poor directed cut scenes and other things that aren't exactly  linked to software quality.

Quality of the story (writing, coherence, etc) are relevant technical points, gameplay and mechanics are relevant technical options, menu and chars evolution (storywise or gameplay elements) are relevant technical points. You finding it boring or fun are only dependent on yourself. Direction and quality of cutscenes are also technical elements.

On the original or not, I don't remember a single original element brought by witcher 3, story on the game was completely convoluted due to the open world setting and plenty of multi-tiered sidequests, many glitches as well. So you using your own metric shouldn't be giving it a 5/5.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
0D0 said:

Quality of the story (writing, coherence, etc) are relevant technical points, gameplay and mechanics are relevant technical options, menu and chars evolution (storywise or gameplay elements) are relevant technical points. You finding it boring or fun are only dependent on yourself. Direction and quality of cutscenes are also technical elements.

On the original or not, I don't remember a single original element brought by witcher 3, story on the game was completely convoluted due to the open world setting and plenty of multi-tiered sidequests, many glitches as well. So you using your own metric shouldn't be giving it a 5/5.

Ok, I got you. I got the term "tech" wrong. My tech review is only about the software, I myself don't call story coherence a technical bullet point.

But about "boring" aspect. I think sometimes it applies. Books and films are usually reviewed as boring too. For me it's ok to call a game boring when there's some consensus. Some games are just considered boring or weak by pretty much everyone or at least most people.

Witcher 3 has glitches (as Ghost) but like I said, I don't extract points from them when other aspects are very good. Witcher 3 is for me the best open world RPG ever made. Witcher 3 story is among the best in all video games in my opinion. It's the benefit from coming from a bestselling book franchise.

God bless You.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Now i AM loving the combat.

It takes some time to get used to it. It also gets better as you get new items and techniques.

God bless You.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
My copy shipped today =)
I don't think I'll be playing it today tho, I'm extremely tired and will end up falling asleep early, so I'll try to finish Frozen Wilds today before that and then focus completely on it tomorrow.
Damn I'll be thinking about it all day long on work tomorrow, I really want to play it asap xD

Just like me. I enden up playing a good 4 hours between yesterday and today. But i wont be able to touch it again untill the weekend. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

0D0 said:
DonFerrari said:

Ok, I got you. I got the term "tech" wrong. My tech review is only about the software, I myself don't call story coherence a technical bullet point.

But about "boring" aspect. I think sometimes it applies. Books and films are usually reviewed as boring too. For me it's ok to call a game boring when there's some consensus. Some games are just considered boring or weak by pretty much everyone or at least most people.

Witcher 3 has glitches (as Ghost) but like I said, I don't extract points from them when other aspects are very good. Witcher 3 is for me the best open world RPG ever made. Witcher 3 story is among the best in all video games in my opinion. It's the benefit from coming from a bestselling book franchise.

Sure a game can be boring and points be reducted from that, but there is a difference between an individual thinking he didn't had fun or it wasn't the "fun type" game and a game being boring to most people. And usually reviewers go by their own fun and give most weight there.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I'm a bit pleasantly surprised by how well the East is taking to it; wondered if they might take offense to it being developed by a Western studio.

TallSilhouette said:

I'm a bit pleasantly surprised by how well the East is taking to it; wondered if they might take offense to it being developed by a Western studio.

From what is said it seems like they are pleased and flaunted that a western developer made the game and was so good and captured the essence of samurai movies.

They don't have many offended mobs in Japan to care about cultural appropriation and other sillinesses of the sort.

God bless You.