By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima - Review Thread (MC: 83 / OC: 85)

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
The user score has rose to 93, that's one of the highest of the site.
Seems like the bots to counter the review bombing from TLoU2 are still being used xP

What review bomb? This game would never had that issue as its not controversial in any way to piss off anybody. Like games should be. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Edge is such trash. In every single issue they pan a game, and then give a higher score to an inferior game. This issue it was GoT getting put under the most intense microscope, while Valorant basically got a free pass. I'm sure Valorant is a good game, deserving of the 8 they gave it, but if they had any editorial consistency, in their review methodology, then Valorant should be critiqued to death just as much as GoT.

EDGE is all over the place, it's definitely one of the weirdest out there.

Like, who could ever give Diablo a 7, Diablo II a 6 and Diablo III a 9?

It seems vgchartz is also all over the place. 

Bleeding Edge gets an 8, while GoT a 5? I know it's two completely different people writing the vgchartz reviews, for each game, but damn. 

John2290 said:
BraLoD said:

Where did I ever say that?

You implied it.

You assume too much. I never got the impression he inferred anything of the sort. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

John2290 said:
Runa216 said:

You assume too much. I never got the impression he inferred anything of the sort. 

Holding a grudge and butting in every now and again to remind me your of my faults you've noticed is really annoying. Let it go.

There's no grudge. Stop being wrong about things and I'll stop correcting you. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

John2290 said:
Runa216 said:

There's no grudge. Stop being wrong about things and I'll stop correcting you. 

You didn't correct me of anything though, you butted in to tell me that I assume too much and he didn't infer what I thought he did. That's not a correction, it's a your opinion. You're holding a grudge since I called you out in TLOU2 thread and it's just not cool, chill out lad and let it go.

Really? you think you called me out? That's cute. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Ok, now that I've played some decent amount of it I'll give my initial impressions.
First of all, let take this out of the way and say yes, this game has flaws that are very easily noticable, and specially coming from such a masterful showcase that was TLoU2. But those flaws are minor even as they are constant, the flaws end up feeling like "that should really be better" than "this is putting me off".
Things like running and Jin shaking his head frenetically in a very obtuse way (that actually makes me laugh xD), the facial animations are VERY behind triple A standards for the PS4, and the game being incredible voiced in Japanese but not having lyp sinc to it... but that's it.
The world SP made is simply gorgeous, even if not the most technically advanced thing ever it's still impressive, it's a particle heaven and it's beyond gorgeous, I've been taking screenshots everywhere.
The combat is so damn good. So. Damn. Good. I simply love playing this game, screw stealth, I want to sword fight everyone every time xD
The main missions have been pretty good, the second missions have some normal stuff, some good stuff and some amazing stuff (mythic tales).
I actually love the wind mechanic to tell you where to go instead of a mini map/bar to point.
This game feels like a living painting, a poetry.
I'm having a blast, and the amount ot stuff to find certainly means I'll be playing it for a really long time (I always have to do and find everything).
Now back to it xD

Everything I'm reading about the game is making me excited to play it! STOP GETTING ME EXCITED! I Still gotta play FFVII Remake! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

Everything I'm reading about the game is making me excited to play it! STOP GETTING ME EXCITED! I Still gotta play FFVII Remake! 

Forget FF7 exist, go play GoT asap.

Ooooh, that hurts. FFVII Remake has been wonderful and I've loved every second of it! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
BraLoD said:

Forget FF7 exist, go play GoT asap.

Ooooh, that hurts. FFVII Remake has been wonderful and I've loved every second of it! 

I honestly got bored of the combat. I droped it a couple of weeks before ghost came out. I'm at the point of no return and havent felt the need to finish it. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

This game have been truly great, I still keep it as a technical 8.5 but as far as enjoyment go I got much more than on TLOU2 or FFVIIR. Platined with a smile in my face.
There sure are plenty of flaws, but I can ignore them and consider the best game I played this gen per personal taste.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
This game have been truly great, I still keep it as a technical 8.5 but as far as enjoyment go I got much more than on TLOU2 or FFVIIR. Platined with a smile in my face.
There sure are plenty of flaws, but I can ignore them and consider the best game I played this gen per personal taste.

I'm loving it too.

It really is the Red Dead Japan I always wanted.

Definitely one of my favorite games this gen already.

For me it is a RDR in Japan together with a Japan AC done right, with Souls like battle and Sony level of care and story. Sure could use more manpower to iron out the issues.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."