By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will GTA5 ever come to Switch?

Will GTA5 come to Switch?

Yes 7 20.00%

No 28 80.00%

Total:35
Barkley said:
SKMBlake said:

Well I remember playing GTA Online on my 12Gb PS3 Ultra Slim and it was fine

And the ps3 version was much smaller. They've spent the last 7 years adding more and more content to online and the file size ballooning. And I assume you'd want higher quality assets than PS3....

That's not to say they couldn't release it on Switch, but even with a 32gb physical cart you'd be looking at a sizeable 10-20gb install to get all the content of the other versions.

Well if I wanted the highest quality available, I wouldn't go for the Switch version, so I think a PS3+ version (900p and 1/3 assets in higher quality) would fit good on the Switcy

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
javi741 said:

It boggles my mind why R* refuses to put it on Switch, there's no excuses at this point tbh. The Switch is more than capable of running it since it was on the 360/PS3, the Switch is one of the fastest selling systems of all time with a bigger install base than the Xbox One, multiple AAA games have been selling well on the Switch with Skyrim & Witcher 3 selling around 1Million, which are franchises much smaller than GTA. EVEN R* LA NOIRE according to VGChartz outsold the Xbox One version DESPITE the Switch having a much smaller install base when they both released. Even looking in the U.K, where Switch accounted for 20% of LA Noire's launch sales despite only having 8% console market share at the time. The Switch's install base is also mostly filled with gamers, not casuals who just wanted to play Wii Tennis... I'm at the point where I believe R* might resent Nintendo for being Anti-Third Party over the years and Nintendo back on the N64 nearly put R* North outta business, so maybe it's that???

IDK, what do you guys think is stopping R* from a GTA5 port on Switch so far?

The most shocking part of your post is that in 2020 there are still people who remain fooled into thinking Wii was just Wii Sports. I guess the old saying is true - easier to fool someone than to convince them they’ve been fooled.

Be honest with yourself, a good portion of people who purchased the Wii were cause of it's motion control gimmick and Wii Sports. Take motion controls and Wii Sports outta the Wii and it wouldn't have sold even half as much as it did. Nintendo released a lot of their first party games on the GameCube and sold only 22M. 

They take a long time even to put on PC, and for GTA 5 and Switch I guess the problem is that their main revenue is on GTA Online and they may think they won't be able to milk as much on Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."