Forums - Gaming Discussion - Low effort, high reward quality games?

Edit: Complexity is a must have aspect, so games like Uncharted don't count and also high quality so Breath of the wild doesn't count... I'm joking but really, high qaulity is a must, no half assed fallout 4 like games.

I need to find one or two, Name some and thank you for the help in advance. 

Now I'm not talking games like arcade racers, bullet hells or games with easy modes etc, I'm talking games that have the reward levels of a massive RPG or 700 hours in an MMO like FF:14 but without any of the effort or at least a small fraction of it. Multiplayer LEHR (Low effort, high reward games) are easy to name such as Rocket league or Call of Duty: Iteration: Second tagline and the like. High quality LEHR Single player games are much harder to judge but you get the idea, the exact opposite of a soulsborne or a Skyrim like RPG in the amount of effort and investment needed with the time to reward cut down with the reward is right up front but the scope, depth and complexity is still all there, so we got...

Persona 5.

The Witcher 3.

Divinity OS 1 & 2 (Maybe, these have pacing issues with the time a battle takes)

... And , yup. That is why I'm creating this thread. i can't think of a single other game that falls into this category. The new Assassin creed games maybe but they aren out because the quality is ass. Diablo 3 would nearly be the first thing that comes to mind but it is also out because it lacks any sort of complexity. Maybe Skyrim or oblivion counts yet there is something about the time and pacing that defeats the type of game i'm talking about.

Last edited by John2290 - on 06 July 2020

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network

Looters like Diablo and Borderlands?

Oh, God of war reboot and MGS5 TPP are good examples aside from MGS5 TPP first hour and the same for God of war except It may be longer than an hour, perhaps two or three? if so, that's out as an example.

China Numba wan!!

The perfect example of this is GTA5 but instead of being generic, I'm talking more complexity with involved systems and depth.

China Numba wan!!

TallSilhouette said:
Looters like Diablo and Borderlands?

In a manner, if Diablo had complexity yeah it'd be very much in the category but it doesn't, it's basically mindless. Borderlands is harder to pin, I guess yeah, that would hit all the notes but they really aren't high quality games in the way The Witcher 3 or Persona is, they're more Low quality LEHR games.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network

Boom, Monster Hunter world and Iceborne. Not the Monster hunter series as a whole but specifically world. It skims the line with being always online but I played them almost exclusively single player with no problems.

China Numba wan!!

Boom. The new Xcom games. There has to be some LEHR games out there that i haven't played...

China Numba wan!!

To be fair, these aren't the words I'd use to any game you've mentioned. Something like Doom and its sequel, perhaps.

Or take just about any single player game and play on easy. Boom, there you go.

John2290 said:
The perfect example of this is GTA5 but instead of being generic, I'm talking more complexity with involved systems and depth.

You want to put low effort into complex systems and get high rewards?  What?

FragileSurface said:
John2290 said:

You want to put low effort into complex systems and get high rewards?  What?

Yes.

China Numba wan!!