By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Low effort, high reward quality games?

Xenoblade is pretty low effort, and the battle system is pretty complex. You don't get very much satisfaction playing for just an hour though.

Try Mario Odyssey. It's a masterpiece!

Around the Network

Just buy EDF 5 and be happy. The new spin-off is aptly named World Brothers. Now, it DOES get more complex the higher you go in the 5 difficulty levels, but there's still a nice payoff on the 2nd difficulty level. I thinks the 3rd difficulty level is the sweet spot. Pick the Ranger as your main for the most straightforward class to play as. It's fun solo or in online co-op.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Id say MHW/Iceborne falls into this category, dont know if someone has mentioned it. Its gameplay has a certain degree of complexity and I'd say its not very friendly torwards newcomers, but once you have mastered at least one of the weapons it does become "Low effort" and I'd say killing a monster and hearing the music theme of victory is instantly satisfying in itself. Plus it has a good/accesible learning curve.

To a certain degree I can say the same about Souls games and Bloodborne.