By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor - PS5 price, release date and preorder info right around the corner (sometime between now and July 13th)

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/07/02/rumor-ps5-price-release-date-reveal-preorders-july-13th/

When asked further about the price and release date reveal and what form it might take, he said that there is “no event planned at this time” meaning it could just simply drop via a post on the PlayStation Blog. He also said it “should be July 13th or before” if Sony opts to change the date, indicating that we’ll know the PS5’s price and release date by July 13th at the latest, as well as finally be able to put our preorders in for the console.

Around the Network

Get it out before MS Event?

Sony likes to go 2nd. Im guessing very soon after MS reveals the price of the Series X.

It would give MS a bit of an advantage so if they do, hopefully they will price it as low as they can.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I"m putting my money on a price reveal at their august event. Same for M$.

Around the Network

Don't buy it, they are trying to hold that info the longest possible to try and have MS reveal before, and there is still time before launch.

The only way that is possible is if they are going boldly low and are sure MS won't counter

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Don't buy it, they are trying to hold that info the longest possible to try and have MS reveal before, and there is still time before launch.

The only way that is possible is if they are going boldly low and are sure MS won't counter

SNY seems to be playing fairly nice so far, so I really doubt this, but unless they were to try and bait MS like AMD did to Nvidia somewhat recently, I can't see them going first, especially if Lockhart is coming and is close to the rumored specs.

SNY could go first and say PS5 is going to be like $599 and $549(DE), hoping MS doesn't want to go any lower than they have to, making XBSX maybe $549 or $599. Then immediately after MS decides to announce the XBSX price, like the very next day at the latest, even though XB fans may be rejoicing that their top tier console will be cheaper, SNY pulls a "jebaited" and says the prices were always going to be $499 PS5 and $449(DE) at launch.

PS fans probably wouldn't be very negative at all if they did this, in this specific way, yet it would look really bad on MS's part if they followed suit and dropped the price as well afterwards, because it would look like they were the one's being greedy. Now XB fans would likely say SNY was lying and was hoping to screw their customers and was forced to drop price because XBSX was lower or at par. How XB fans would take it overall is hard to say, but they obviously wouldn't be as happy as they were before, while PS fans would be surprised and may get a good laugh out of it.

This would be another huge kick in the nuts moment like 'this is how you share games' if it were to happen. I really doubt it though.

I can imagine they're being done into drop in the 13th,but it might just be for PSNow, PS+ and the UI on PS5. If they are going to do a price drop, it's because they are confident it's low / lower than where MS will go.

Unless they pull a third SKU which is a streaming box I can't see it happening.

They will want to hold some wild cards for MS's event for sure, be it price, positive changes to services and price as well as other exclusives they haven't announced.

Nope, they held out for this long. Sony will wait until Microsoft reveals the price for their console/s first and price accordingly.

I don’t buy it, they are in a game of price chicken with MS. It’ll be September and both will still be waiting for the other to buckle lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.