By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC launches August 7

A bit more expensive than I expected for the PC port.

Definitely recommend though if you haven't played it already.

Around the Network

Looking forward to seeing CGI screeshots of the game!

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'll likely enjoy it more on PC, but I can't help feeling that playing the first game at 60fps with a mouse and keyboard is gonna spoil my experience when I get the sequel and have to use a controller and 30fps.

DonFerrari said:
Chicho said:

Requirements according to steam:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz or AMD FX 6300@3.5GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 100 GB available space
RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz or Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 100 GB available space

even the minimum seems quite higher than base PS4 and perhaps even Pro.

That's because they are... The requirements are just a rough guideline though, not definitive as developers cannot guarantee the operating environment (I.E. the amount of background applications and heat dissipation resulting in throttled clocks). - You can play on hardware that deviates from those specs.
I might give it a whirl on the old Core 2 Quad and Geforce 1030 rig to see how low she can go.

Keep in mind that an i5 2500K released during the 7th gen consoles by a few years though, it's regarded as a relic, albeit a very capable one... Also reinforces how much Intel stagnated as Haswell isn't a vastly superior experience over Sandy Bridge.

ArchangelMadzz said:

Base gpu is much higher than PS4 and similar to PS4 Pro. Kind of shows the weakness of these 2 consoles.

Recommended specs give 1080p60fps in original settings.

Keep in mind the visual upgrades the PC is getting, in the console world it would probably be labelled as a remaster?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Bristow9091 said:
Trunkin said:
I'm torn. On the one hand, I'll likely enjoy it more on PC, but I can't help feeling that playing the first game at 60fps with a mouse and keyboard is gonna spoil my experience when I get the sequel and have to use a controller and 30fps.

Plug in your controller and set a frame cap? 

lol I guess I could do that. Though I'm sure  that the temptation to at least uncap the framerate would be too much for me to handle.

Around the Network

Price of the game just went up from £32 on Steam, to £40....

Fuck outta here with that shit, Sony

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Seems that Sony is increasing the price of Horizon in most regions. I got it for $56 CAD and now it's $60 CAD. Pre-ordering ftw

Might be an indication that it's selling well though.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The price is a joke. It's a three year old game that sells for $20 new. How the fuck is the Digital-Only PC version not $15?

I'm so torn on the lack of exclusivity for Sony games. On one hand Sony's hardware doesn't last anymore. My original PS4 broke three times before I upgraded to the Pro. Worst of all they don't offer anything past a one year warranty in the states. I'd much rather just have my PC than deal with their shoddy hardware. At least I can easily fix my rig if something goes wrong with it. On the other hand Sony's bread and butter is platform royalty fees. If they make their games no longer exclusive they are basically digging their own grave.

I suspect that they'll continue to replicate the HZD model of " three year timed exclusivity", followed by a price gouging PC release. If they are going to release on PC they need to do it day and date (like MS), massively discounted three years later, or not at all.

The way they are handling it now is a massive middle finger to PS4 users, and a massive middle finger to PC users as well.

I like it. Should run buttery smooth with 60 fps on my laptop. I already got the game for PS4 but never played through it. That might change now with high framerates and my gorgeous Xbox One Controller.

I'd be happy to see more Sony titles on PC in the future and I don't even care about a few years delay if that means I won't need a console anymore.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

CGI-Quality said:

In regards to exclusivity, I'm glad they mostly stick to it. Everything doesn't have to be on everything. Even years later. That's Microsoft's strategy, which is all good, but not Nintendo's and not Sony's. I expect an exclusive here or there to come to PC, but not all of them.

Would you prefer if MS stuck to Sony's way?. if so, then wouldn't the same desire also apply to PC based games as well?.

I'm at odds with it being fine and pushed more for one party, but not the other, because I see them as both being the exact same, just a slightly different name and colour scheme to their brand image. a Product is a product at the end of the day and reaching more hands should be the end goal for any business, regardless of it being a person's fave brand. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"