By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC launches August 7

DonFerrari said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
The price is a joke. It's a three year old game that sells for $20 new. How the fuck is the Digital-Only PC version not $15?

I'm so torn on the lack of exclusivity for Sony games. On one hand Sony's hardware doesn't last anymore. My original PS4 broke three times before I upgraded to the Pro. Worst of all they don't offer anything past a one year warranty in the states. I'd much rather just have my PC than deal with their shoddy hardware. At least I can easily fix my rig if something goes wrong with it. On the other hand Sony's bread and butter is platform royalty fees. If they make their games no longer exclusive they are basically digging their own grave.

I suspect that they'll continue to replicate the HZD model of " three year timed exclusivity", followed by a price gouging PC release. If they are going to release on PC they need to do it day and date (like MS), massively discounted three years later, or not at all.

The way they are handling it now is a massive middle finger to PS4 users, and a massive middle finger to PC users as well.

For PC it is a new game, just as a lot of late ports on Switch released full price.

-_- A lot of those late Switch ports are rip offs too. The only exception is first party Nintendo games, but that's because Nintendo games hold their value so well, that if you buy physical it's worth it. People can't really complain about first party titles like Mario Kart 8 still being $50-$60 when used prices for the game hover around $50.

Horizon being $50 on PC, while it sells for $10 (https://www.pricecharting.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn-complete-edition) used on PS4 is just further evidence of how damaging the lack of a used games market can be to fair prices.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, I still have my original PS4 in addition to a first gen Pro. Both work fine. Yes, consoles break. All of them. Sony's aren't any worse than the standard.

In regards to exclusivity, I'm glad they mostly stick to it. Everything doesn't have to be on everything. Even years later. That's Microsoft's strategy, which is all good, but not Nintendo's and not Sony's. I expect an exclusive here or there to come to PC, but not all of them.

dont kid yourself, nintendo products never break

All things man made are prone to fail eventually.

The Switch with it's drift... The Nintendo 64 with it's stick issues... The NES with it's cart interface... There was a batch of Wii's that couldn't read dual-layer discs... Older carts from Gameboy/SNES/N64 with built-in batteries may leak and destroy the carts or no longer save data.

Lots of technical issues... To be fair, I don't recall Nintendo having anything on the same level as a RROD from Microsoft or the YLOD/Disc Laser issue on the Sony side of the equation.

Even optical disks over time can get "disk rot" and fail, this is why I am a massive supporter of emulation and game preservation via legal avenues of course.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Cerebralbore101 said:
DonFerrari said:

For PC it is a new game, just as a lot of late ports on Switch released full price.

-_- A lot of those late Switch ports are rip offs too. The only exception is first party Nintendo games, but that's because Nintendo games hold their value so well, that if you buy physical it's worth it. People can't really complain about first party titles like Mario Kart 8 still being $50-$60 when used prices for the game hover around $50.

Horizon being $50 on PC, while it sells for $10 (https://www.pricecharting.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn-complete-edition) used on PS4 is just further evidence of how damaging the lack of a used games market can be to fair prices.

I would say the Nintendo ones would be worse than this, because HZD is still current gen and launched already lower than 60, while some of the Nintendo ports are old gen and for those the standard have been 40 initial price for almost all titles except Nintendo that go 60.

Tomb Raider and other temporary exclusives when launched on another platform would be full price, I wouldn't pay sure but that doesn't make it not the norm.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."