Forums - Sony Discussion - How many videogames have you bought for PS4 ?

KBG29 said:
All Digital.

My library is at 651 right now. That is split between PS4, PSVR, F2P, and PS+. 42 titles are PS+. I am planning to add at least 5 more between now and PS5 release.

Bonus: My PS Video library is at 784 Movies, and 127 TV Seasons.

I'm more than ready to grab that Digital PS5 Day One.

You are a massive collector/player.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

In the ballpark of 300 physical games. I'm not done buying either as I have such a backlog it makes more sense to wait for sales before getting anything else. Digital might add a couple dozen more between Plus freebies, some crossbuy with Vita/PS3, and some VR games that probably weren't going to disc. PSVR turned out pretty cool to be honest.

I always choose disc when given the option. Even imported some games that aren't physical in the US.

13 Physical Games
3 Digital

This does not include any PS Plus Free Games.

Some of you guys play too many games and spend too much money. But hey, too each their own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
13 Physical Games
3 Digital

This does not include any PS Plus Free Games.

Some of you guys play too many games and spend too much money. But hey, too each their own.

Too many? Probably. Too much? Not when most things are gotten after a price drop.

I have 39 PS4 games on disc. I'm sure I have over a 120 or so digitally, but I'd say that I've only actually purchased probably about 30 directly (the rest would be free or included with PS+). So, I'd say it's nearly an even split, but I only buy games digitally if they were never released physically (e.g. Transistor). Of course, on occasion, games which were previously digitally only get a late in life physical release but my insistence on buying physical is superseded only by my insistence on not buying the exact same game twice :D

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run)
Red Faction: Guerrilla

Natural Doctrine

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
PC:

Dragon's Crown   StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
+60 physical
??? Digitally..honestly I dont remember.

Is there an easy way to see a list of all your bought digital games from the PS store? Like how Steam has a list of your games.

Also, V-r0cK, I don't know if this helps you, but you can link your PSN account with GOG through their Galaxy 2.0 platform. As long as the license is tied to your account or you've run the game at least once on your PS4 (and thus it's registered in your library), it should show up in Galaxy (similar to how Steam displays your library). As far as I can tell, it does not seem to include any demos I've played on my system (though "Freemium" games like Dissidia NT will show up as they are still "full" games with licenses). Additionally, you can right-click and hide any game to make counting a bit more tailored/easier.

Natural Doctrine

PC:

Between my Plus library and stuff I've directly bought, my Purchased library is right around 200.

GrahfsLament said:

I have 39 PS4 games on disc. I'm sure I have over a 120 or so digitally, but I'd say that I've only actually purchased probably about 30 directly (the rest would be free or included with PS+). So, I'd say it's nearly an even split, but I only buy games digitally if they were never released physically (e.g. Transistor). Of course, on occasion, games which were previously digitally only get a late in life physical release but my insistence on buying physical is superseded only by my insistence on not buying the exact same game twice :D

I know exactly. I've hesitated on digital games in hopes that one day they get a disc release. Lucked out with Firewatch, Job Sim, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, so many more. I got Rocket League for free so I wasn't compelled to get the disc, and after so much time only now does Headmaster get a release. I'd rather put the money towards new things.

My cap on digital is $10 so there's a lot more I'm hoping to see on disc. Hatsune Miku Future Tone and Beat Saber are 2 that come to mind.

DPsx7 said:
GrahfsLament said:

I know exactly. I've hesitated on digital games in hopes that one day they get a disc release. Lucked out with Firewatch, Job Sim, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, so many more. I got Rocket League for free so I wasn't compelled to get the disc, and after so much time only now does Headmaster get a release. I'd rather put the money towards new things.

My cap on digital is $10 so there's a lot more I'm hoping to see on disc. Hatsune Miku Future Tone and Beat Saber are 2 that come to mind.

I definitely hear you on this. I'm probably terribly cheap, but I generally won't buy a physical game until I've either A) verified that there will not be any DLC for it that I'll care about or B) the Complete/GOTY version comes out. Even then, I generally tend to only grab physical games at $20-$30 new and digital games at <= $5. Usually, by the time a digital game I'm interested in hits that price point, it's been out for a bit, so a physical release seems unlikely (though, it does happen some times - e.g. Limbo/Inside). Regardless, it sounds like you're having greater success at maintaining a physical library, so I'm a little jealous :D

Natural Doctrine

PC:

GrahfsLament said:

I definitely hear you on this. I'm probably terribly cheap, but I generally won't buy a physical game until I've either A) verified that there will not be any DLC for it that I'll care about or B) the Complete/GOTY version comes out. Even then, I generally tend to only grab physical games at $20-$30 new and digital games at <= $5. Usually, by the time a digital game I'm interested in hits that price point, it's been out for a bit, so a physical release seems unlikely (though, it does happen some times - e.g. Limbo/Inside). Regardless, it sounds like you're having greater success at maintaining a physical library, so I'm a little jealous :D

I'd probably come across as cheap too. I see it as efficient. Here's the thing - my backlog would likely keep me busy for at least a year or two if I bought nothing else. Obviously this won't be the case as I've yet to get Last of Us 2, Doom Eternal, FF7 remake, etc. Wanna try Tsushima. Why pay $60 if I can play the backlog in the meantime and maybe get 2 or 3 of these games for the same cost as one now. Black Friday can be quite nice some years.

I try not to worry about DLC. My games are long enough, ha. Sure I miss a lot of side content for any number of games but the truth is I can't play everything no matter how hard I try. Even free stuff gets passed on sometimes.

Yup. $30-$35 seems to be the sweet spot as far as low price while still being readily available in great condition. Some games go lower, sometimes you're stuck with one gnarled copy off the used rack. A lot depends on how popular it is. You're right it's tough, you just never know if a physical version may happen. If digital hits rock bottom price first then ok whatever, I can live with that. Half the time I wait so long I end up forgetting about the game which probably isn't so bad since I have plenty to choose from.