By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Users: Show Me Your POWAH! Summer 2020

I'll probably be upgrading my gaming chair soon, as it isn't as comfy as I originally thought it was.

Around the Network

Updated my original post to include all changes I made including the new GPU and updated the inside PIC with the 3090 install not that it look much different with the waterblock on. Installing the Waterblock was a pain sooo many thermal pads to measure and cut and it came with 3 difference thickness so had to be careful to use the correct ones on the correct spots.

I tested it on air to make sure it worked and get baseline number before installing waterblock. Made a huge difference max temp (stock power limit) 67C on Air, 39C on Water. To be fair my case airflow design to maximize radiator cooling so not idea for air gpu but still huge drop. If anyone curious here a pic of what the 3090 strix look like with the waterblock removed.

Now back to playing cyberPunk 2077 truly a gorgeous game.

I'm sorry

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

SUMMER 2021 Update:

B E F O R E (Summer 2020)

SKYLAKE-RTX (as I call it):

• CPU: Intel Core-i9 7920X @2.9GHz (4.4 Turbo)
  • GPU: NVIDIA TITAN RTX
  • RAM: 128GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz
  • Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix-E Gaming II
  • PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt Maker 1500
  • Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (3500 Read, 3300 Write) x 2
  • Case: Cooler Master H500M
  • Cooling (CPU only):  Cosair H90 Liquid Cooler

A F T E R

CASCADE-RTX (as I call it):

• CPU: Intel Core-i9 10980XE @3GHz (4.8 Turbo)
  • GPU: NVIDIA TITAN RTX
  • RAM: 128GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 C18
  • Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix-E Gaming II
  • PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt Maker 1500
  • Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (3500 Read, 3300 Write) x 2
  • Case: Cooler Master H500M
  • Cooling (CPU only):  Cosair H90 Liquid Cooler
Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 09 September 2021

Congrats! I'll post mine that got finished early this year.

• CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x 16 cores 32 threads
  • GPU: Nvidia/Asus Strix 3080
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Royal Series 32GB 3600 Mhz CL16
  • Mobo: ASUS ROG Dark Hero
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Storage: Western Digital SN850 PCI-E Gen 4 SSD 2TB, Sabrent Rocket Gen 4 SSD 2TB, Western Digital Blue Sata SSD 4TB
  • Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
  • Cooling (CPU only): Noctua NH-U12A

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Around the Network

CGI a you that. Big set up still.
Going to have fi check my pics. Aint took a pic of me setup in a while and I ant home at the moment.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I scrapped my plans to get a new laptop since SU5 downgraded FS2020 enough to run at ultra settings without issues, so still rocking this GTX 1060 version

Only mine is sitting on the breakfast table / desk I use for eating, browsing and gaming :)

I did upgrade the RAM to 32GB which is currently pointless since FS2020 was limited to the Series X max use-able ram, but it's nice to use the extra as a ram disk. My mouse changes color, does that count? :)