By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Users: Show Me Your POWAH! Summer 2020

I would, but Nvidia and AMD refuse to release the hardware for my new build. But I can already tell you that there won't be any kind of RGB except for the ASUS mainboard which will be hidden in a case without a window.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
I would, but Nvidia and AMD refuse to release the hardware for my new build. But I can already tell you that there won't be any kind of RGB except for the ASUS mainboard which will be hidden in a case without a window.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

PC specs are in my sig but I guess I can expand properly here:

CPU: Had to go with the Ryzen 9 3900x 12 core 24 thread CPU, it's the entire reason this build exists (Also got a nice 4.3GHz all core boost for that sweet 7650 Cinebench score).
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, mainly because the 2080 super/Ti was just far too expensive to justify, especially with my choice to go for an Acer Nitro 27inch 1440P 144hz monitor. More power would've been wasted money.
Ram: Nothing special really, 32GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 at 3200mhz Dual Channel. Got it to 3600mhz on my old board but I haven't bothered to re OC them.
Motherboard: MPG X570 Gaming Plus Mobo from MSI. Unfortunately chipset has a cooling fan and was a bit on the expensive side but supports Gen 4.0 PCI Express.
Case: is just a Corsair Spec Delta, literally nothing special about it, might upgrade the case but meh.
PSU: PSU died on my old build and killed everything so I went a bit mental with a 650W Evga Gold Plus Semi Modular PSU.
Storage: Samsung QVO 1TB SSD, literally one of the cheapest 1TB SSD's I could find and afford with the rest of my budget, I literally 2 days ago added a 2TB Seagate 7200rpm HDD and I've loaded an ass tonne of games on there.

In terms of Cooling I replaced the case fans with RGB UpHere Cooling fans, the RGB controller has been wired to my reset button for the bajillion modes they have. 
My outake fan at the back with the ring LED's is actually a Wraith cooler that comes stock with the 3900x but when I replaced the CPU cooling I didn't want to waste a perfectly good (and cool looking) fan, so removed the heatsite and the front shield and it has it's new home removing alllllll dem heats.
CPU Cooling wise, I went with a Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black edition, because I hate noctua's colour scheme but this ridiculous behemoth of an air cooler needed to be mine. I didn't want to watercool as I wanted my cooling solution to be more reliable and not have to worry about pump motors and things. (used MX4 thermal paste

Other things in the Set up, I have the Acrtis 7 Pro wireless headset that I use for my PC and PS4 (out of shot but it to the left of the secondary monitor).
Went through the main monitor, secondary monitor is a 1080p 60hz HP 23xi IPS monitor, both screens are IPS. This has served me well for the past 6 years and I don't feel the need to move on from it just yet. 

Keyboard is an G213 Logitech Keyboard, it's a membrane keyboard that is impersonating a mechanical keboard. I have this because my girlfriend absolutely despises the sound of my old keyboard so I had to settle..
My Mouse is the M908 Red Dragon, it gets a bad wrap but I have noticed no issues at all using it for anything from MMO's (them programmable buttons) to FPs to other games and general use. 
Mouse mat is just a large random brand RGB mouse mat. Has a few modes, pretty cool but I got it cause it was cheap, wasn't even planning on making that RGB.

Noteworthy mentions: A seldomly used Logitech C920 webcam (not the new HD Pro version, I had this for many years) and a Logitech G29 Steering wheel, pedals and H shifter I use for PS4 and PC. 

This is the corner I basically live in. *and breathes*

Last edited by ArchangelMadzz - on 26 June 2020

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

This was sorta an experiment on my part so I don't recommend using Pex in the way did but it does work fine.

The idea was to make the cooling and the computer component as separated as possible so I could quickly pull out the motherboard and put an entire new computer in with minimal adjustment to the loop or loop monitoring components. 

This done by soft tubing to the motherboard parts on 4 QDC's (2 for each loop).  The fans, temperature probes, flow meters is all attached to a Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT which connect to the motherboard through a single USB header.  The software for the Aquaero don't care what brand motherboard am using etc.  If I wanted to put a new computer in just need to run the 4 tubes from motherboard to QDC and plug USB in and nothing else.

The rest of the tubing was also something I wanted to experiment with and is actually ProPex using Expansion fittings.  This the part I don't recommend because there no easy way to connect this to G 1/4 which what most water cooling equipment used inside a PC so I end up converting it back to a small piece of soft tubing before connecting to pumps, radiators etc.  Work fine but not worth the effort.

Computer Components

• CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X
  • GPU: ASUS 3090 Strix
  • RAM: 128GB(32x4) DDR4 3600 cas 16 (MODEL: BL2K32G36C16U4BX2)
  • Mobo: Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 1600W
  • Storage: Force Series Gen.4 PCIe MP600 2TB (Main), Intel 660P 2TB (secoundary)
  • Case: Case Labs THW10 with Pedestal 

Cooling Components

• Fans: Corsair ML140 PRO X 20
  • Radiators: EK-CoolStream CE 560 X 3 (1 in CPU loop and 2 in GPU loop)
  • Pumps: EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump) x 2 (one in each loop so that each loop got dual pumps)
  • Reservoir: EK-RES X4 250 (R2.0) X2 (one per loop)
  • GPU Block: EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX 3080/3090
  • CPU Block: Optimus ABSOLUTE THREADRIPPER 3+ CPU BLOCK
  • Tubing: EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 19,4/12,5mm and 1/2" AquaPEX 
  • QDC: Colder NS6D22008/NS6D17008  x 8 (4 for motherboard and I also design it so the Reserviors are removable also so another 4)
  • Controller: Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT
  • Probes:  There a temp probe before and after the radiators on each loop plus a flow meter on each loop
  • Other: Various fittings and used 1/2" ProPEX Lead Free Brass Coupling to switch from EK-Tube to pex.  Design for the pex tubing but the EK-Tube fit pretty tightly over it also and just to be extra safe used a Barb on the EK-Tube side to make sure sure it wont slip.

EDIT:  The Pic of the inside is a older pic when I was still testing, only one could find on my computer.  Those was 2 ram stick had in a desk that I ended up just buying 2 more of those because wanted to test it running quad channel and was not patience enough to wait for ram I really want.  Also cleaned up fluid.  I am just to lazy to pull computer out to take a new pic.

EDIT2: Finally received my ram so updated it in the specs

EDIT3: Updated GPU/ GPU waterblock/ CPU Waterblock/QDCs and updated picture to reflect new components.

Last edited by Cyran - on 22 December 2020

Around the Network
vivster said:
Nvidia and AMD refuse to release the hardware for my new build.

Same.

Currently in a small temp apartment while I shop for a house. No room for the home office yet so I'm all hooked up in the living room.

RTX 2070
R5 3600
32GB DDR4 3200
2TB SATA SSD
X570 Mobo
750W Gold PSU
Corsair Case
TCL 6 Series TV

May upgrade the gpu, cpu, ssd, and/or display in the next 6-12 months.

And here I am still chugging along with my i5-4670k.

CPU: i5-4670k @4.3ghz
Ram: 16gb 1600mhz DDR3
GPU: GTX 1660 TI
Storage: 480gb Sandisk Plus SSD + 2TB HDD
PSU: Be Quiet Straight Power 11 550W
Case: Cooler Master Silencio S400
Motherboard: ASUS B85M-G

Though to be fair the only game I've found my CPU can't meet my performance standards on is Assassin's Creed Origins (and presumably Odyssey) that game does not play well with only 4 threads, drops to 48fps in busy areas. Every other game I played I've got no difficulty hitting 1080@75hz.

i5-3570K
Rx560D 2GB
16GB RAM
using an old PS3 5400rpm HDD as C: and mostly gaming from an external USB 2.0 drive :P

Ori 2 ran almost good, the loading "stutters" (more like 3-5 second breaks) were quite uncomfortable though

I'm still on Haswell:

i5-4570

1660ti OC

16 gig DDR3

256GB SSD

1TB HDD

in a DeepCool Matrexx 55 Mesh case

AOC 31.5 inch 1440p 75Hz IPS monitor

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Don't have a camera. Current rig below, Radeon VII is a POS though.

Lian Li PC-O10WX | Corsair SF750 | Asrock X570 Aqua | Ryzen 3900X | Cooled by Cryofuel | Corsair Dominator | Corsair MP600 | Sapphire Radeon VII | Noiseblocker eLoop x 4 | Dell S3220 | Alienware 610M | Windows 10